X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Quinno
    • May 2008

Clutch?

1992 NH diesel 4D56 manual. Got about 200m out driveway this morning, on straight road, changed to 3rd gear and vehicle suddenly felt a bit jumpy and some noises underneath that I can best describe as clunky. I wouldn't say metallic or loud bang or uhh-ohh sound. Pulled over, scratched the head and tried to go again. But sounded grindy in the front somewhere. Put foot on clutch to go into reverse to get nose back off road, but no drive. With foot off clutch I have no forward or reverse. No movement in drive shafts in 2H, 4H or 4L. To press the clutch still feels normal and fluid levels OK. Should I start with clutch? Could a spring or clip given way maybe?
    2010 PB Challenger. Kings KCRR23 and 55H, sliders, front bar, warn winch, light force HID, 90L aux tank donated from NH Paj.

1992 NH GLX, 2.5L TD. Tough Dog lift 2", Alpine Engineering IFS mod kit, DieselGas, Piranha dual battery, ARB bar with Warn M8000, Outlander roof rack & boat rollers, 10ft tinny with 6hp, GME TX4000 UHF & Electophone SSB CB, custom fridge slide & false floor, window tint & Airflow snorkel.
  • Quinno
    • May 2008

Nup sound like it's in the gearbox. Putting in gear and rocking back and forth is clunky and partially re-engaged something. Now with engine running and taking foot off clutch it starts to grind.
    2010 PB Challenger. Kings KCRR23 and 55H, sliders, front bar, warn winch, light force HID, 90L aux tank donated from NH Paj.

1992 NH GLX, 2.5L TD. Tough Dog lift 2", Alpine Engineering IFS mod kit, DieselGas, Piranha dual battery, ARB bar with Warn M8000, Outlander roof rack & boat rollers, 10ft tinny with 6hp, GME TX4000 UHF & Electophone SSB CB, custom fridge slide & false floor, window tint & Airflow snorkel.

Comment

• paulv1818
      • Jul 2013
      • Mansfield Vic

try putting it in 4th and driving. I've gotten two pajeros home this way....

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X