• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lenny05
    • Mar 2011
    • Brisbane (Albany Creek)

More off-road four-wheel-drive vehicles hit streets

And so the scare mongers and greenies are at it again!!!

This was in the courier mail this morning..

"The main risk with 4WDs is if you don't know how to handle them, there is a higher risk of rollover," Professor Rakotonirainy said.

Maybe it should have added that the main risk in ANY vehicle is that if you dont know how to drive/handle it, the greater risk you have of an accident.
    2001 NM 3.5ltr manual, 2"Lovells lift, D694 LT265/70/16, ECB alloy bar, Hella lights, Uniden UHF, Rhino track mount and basket, Cargo barrier, awning, Home made drawers.
  • Aussie_Dan
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Cairns

Love the comments about our 'gas guzzling heavy behemoths'.
    What a pack of stupid fools.
    There's not much weight difference between some 4WD's and the big fat aussie Falcodores.
    BA falcons weigh around 1.8T if I remember correctly. NM / NP diesel is about 2.2T according to the book, V6 would be slightly lighter. There's not a lot in it.... And the weight of a 4WD is transmitted to the road via wider and larger tyres than a car, so the 4WD is quite likely transmitting less pressure onto the road surface per square inch and doing less damage.
    And as for fuel useage, give me a 4 cyl diesel 4WD any day compared to a big 6 or 8 cyl Falcodore!
    2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2009
      • Peakhurst, Sydney

The vote results say that people consider car-drivers the more aggressive drivers! Also added my 2c-worth.

Steve
      Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
      "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X