Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bits and Pieces

Bits and Pieces Whatever does not fit into the other catergories.

View Poll Results: How Many Vehicles Do You Own
One 7 14.00%
Two 19 38.00%
Three 9 18.00%
Four 5 10.00%
Five 4 8.00%
Six 2 4.00%
More than Six 4 8.00%
None 0 0%
Registered 7 14.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-11
Valued Member

Default How many vehicles do you own??

I was prompted to ask this after deciding to get rid of the vehicles we hardly use. Rego alone is costing a fortune. 5 vehicles and 2 trailers between two of us is overkill. Two would be lucky if they were driven once every 2 months.
So, How many registered vehicles do you own.
Daryl

Recently picked up another NL that's knocked about. Might be a new project.
Old 07-06-11
Valued Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbomba View Post
I was prompted to ask this after deciding to get rid of the vehicles we hardly use. Rego alone is costing a fortune. 5 vehicles and 2 trailers between two of us is overkill. Two would be lucky if they were driven once every 2 months.
So, How many registered vehicles do you own.
Daryl
registered i have 5 cars and a bike, 3 registered trailers, a campervan plus a company car, on top of these i have a motorhome ( bus under construction) a tractor and 15 other cars most of which are either being stripped to repair the ones being rebuilt or waiting for me to get time to take them to the scrappy. at the end of the day i will have 15 vehicles and 4 trailers able to be registered or are registered. i now i have way too many but need to have something to drive me insane. 9 p.s. i allso live on a 20 acre block so have plenty of space.

On top of the above i also have a daihatsu f20 i am repairing for the scouts and 2 delica's i am storing for people on the delica site who are currently overseas, and above all i have a very understanding wife :-)
Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica
Old 07-06-11
Valued Member

and as a contrast to the above.. I have just one vehicle!

We've always had two cars, but thought we'd try and downsize our living costs a bit. We moved close to town recently and took a chance to sell the 2nd car. I ride my pushbike to work or catch the bus if the weather is crook. My kids don't play Saturday sport yet...

We chose to sell my wife's 1yo Ford Fiesta as it was worth more and an easier sale. It was a tough decision, as she was very attached to it and it was a great little car. It's a risk keeping a 10 yo Pajero with 270,000km as our primary car, but it's the most versatile.

When we get back on our feet we'll most likely get a second car again. I'd like something like an AU2 or AU3 Falcon. Dirt cheap and run forever. It's tough making do with one car after you've had the convenience of two for so long.
'Shrek' 2002 NM GLS 2.8TD manual. ARB bar. HD King springs & Bilsteins. Bridgestone D674LT. Milford Cargo Barrier. Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards. Exedy solid flywheel. 25mm core radiator. 2.5" exhaust. Airtec snorkel. Engel MT45, Projecta 150A isolator, 120A AGM battery in 3rd row. ARB bar, Fyrlyts & 30" LED lightbar Pics + 2015 Isuzu MU-X with all the fruit.
Old 07-06-11
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

2 cars, 1 bike, 2 trailers and 1 trailer boat. I'll vote it as two.
Yep, and rego kills

Shane.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 07-06-11

I have one and the wife has one. I find rego and insurance bad enough for two vehicles.
Daniel
Old 07-06-11

I have 4 cars, 2 road bikes, 1 trailer, 1 camper All the kids have grown up and left home so it is only me and the mrs
Old 07-06-11
Resident

I have three cars
  • daily driver is a 1980s vintage Japanese wagon. Not particularly fuel efficient, but I can still do most of the diagnostics myself, and most of the repairs if I'm not too lazy.
  • weekend car no.1 is small & fast, for enjoying the roads in the Adelaide Hills - but it's too bloody expensive more me to use as a dd
  • weekend car no.2 is small & slow, for enjoying the hills (and the plains) farther from home

Of course, either weekend car can be called into duty when the dd fails to proceed. If I was smart, I'd rationalise my collection a little. But I have a genetic defect that means I struggle to dispose of anything, so selling a car seems to be beyond my capability.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 08-06-11
Valued Member

Just the one...but hoping to add a boat in the near future... that would be tops!

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.
Old 08-06-11

I have....
3 registered vehicles vehicles. 1 rally car under construction, 1 race car, 1 care awaiting restoration to show condition, 1 spare for parts, 2 Trailers....
Cheers
haggis
92 NH GLS Pirahna dual battery system, Lightforce Blitz240 hid spots, cibie spreads, Bilstiens each corner, Lovells rear coils, custom drawer system, ARB roofrack, side awning, ARB twin jerry holder, MSA drop slide, GME TX3440, custom wiring harness for second battery.
Old 08-06-11

Got to 2 cars,1 caravan,1 trailer,and a quad bike.
2001 nm pajero,cargo barrier,roof racks,alloys,reverse camera ,snorkel,24 inch led light bar,driving lights,window tint,bridgestone duellers AT LT,bonnet protector, weather shields,bluetooth hands free car kit, roof basket,phillips +80 globes,coil spacers,led interior lighting,electric brake controller.Stainless extractors,tom tom gps, spare wheel bag, multi media head unit,40 litre Engel,spare wheel lift kit,engel solar mat,dual batteries awning with led strip lighting.xrox front bar