• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David45
    • Feb 2019
    • Brisbane

MMCS noisy vibration

Ive only just bought a 2012 NW exceed, gong over bumps or driving on rough roads there is an annoying rattle coming from the MMCS display screen. Anyone else had any experience with this?
  • Garc
    • May 2015
    • Perth

On my MMCS it was the little buttons down each side of the screen, if you tap them they will rattle. I put a thin strip of felt covered bkack tape down the inside and just over the top wdge of the buttons and it stopped the rattle. Easy to remove when you want.
    Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

• David45
      • Feb 2019
      • Brisbane

Thanks Gary, You were spot on.
      It's the LH track/up-dn seek button. makes quite a little buz when you tap it.
      What a stupid design as it's most annoying. I'll try the tape thing, but I'll have to think how I can permanently deal with it. I might have to go the way of other owners and put in an after market head unit.
      Last edited by David45; 22-03-19, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Cloverleaf
        • Mar 2017
        • Perth

My 2012 Exceed is exactly the same.
        Every button buzzes and rattles on rough roads and the fan in the back of the unit is really noisy.
        Thinking the same as you - a head unit upgrade is on the cards.

Stuart

Comment

• David45
          • Feb 2019
          • Brisbane

Originally posted by Cloverleaf View Post
          My 2012 Exceed is exactly the same.
          Every button buzzes and rattles on rough roads and the fan in the back of the unit is really noisy.
          Thinking the same as you - a head unit upgrade is on the cards.

Stuart
          What I did for the time being is run a strip of black pvc tape as had been suggested to me by Gary, down the edge and side of the buttons. you can still see the markings and operate them, but it takes the buzz and rattle away. Still not ideal, but it doesn't look to unsightly and will do for the time being.
          David.

Comment

• guccihazell
            • Dec 2011
            • Perth

These rattles have been driving me nuts for about 12 months. I thought it was in the drivers door or dash. I've popped the door card off, pulled the dash apart and still couldn't figure out the rattle. My missus thought I was hearing things as she couldn't hear it. It wasn't until a mate was in the passengers seat and the afternoon sun was shining directly on the buttons that my mate could see them rattling. A new stereo is on the shopping list in the very near future!!!

Comment

• Cloverleaf
              • Mar 2017
              • Perth

Originally posted by David45 View Post
              What I did for the time being is run a strip of black pvc tape as had been suggested to me by Gary, down the edge and side of the buttons. you can still see the markings and operate them, but it takes the buzz and rattle away. Still not ideal, but it doesn't look to unsightly and will do for the time being.
              David.

Thanks David, I'll give it a go.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X