• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phicks
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2011
    • melbourne

Quick install Rear shelf System - NM to NX Pajero

Hi Everyone, I have a new rear shelf system available for those interested, I have 20 units available at the moment, and if they all sell, i'll do another batch of 20 units.

Excuse my poor photographs, but the basics of it are a lightweight rear shelf that clicks into where the third row seats mount, so you can install it in a matter of seconds, and take it out just as quickly.

You also have access to the underneath storage where the seats were removed from.

There is no installation needed as it secures into the third row seat mounting point, so it's quick, easy and very sturdy, but can be removed in seconds.

at $895 they are competitively priced against other rear shelf designs, but I don't believe anyone has the same quick install, most of the other rear shelf systems and drawer systems require you to bolt it down, which takes time.

Suitable for both Exceed models with rear subwoofer, and GLX etc without.

Suitable for NM right through to current models.

Suitable also for vehicles with a half Cargo barrier (i'm not sure about full barrier as i haven't tested one yet, but i think it will still fit - if anyone wants to try it out who has a barrier, let me know we're happy to test it out.

Postage - i was hoping mainly for local pickup, but if there is anyone interstate that wants one, i'm happy to try and get a quote on shipping for you.

photo's are in the link below, let me know if anyone has any issues accessing them..

Contact Paul on 03 8564 0317
    NX Pajero GLS. Service Manager at Chadstone Mitsubishi.
  • outbackogre
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2010
    • Melbourne

That's a very clever idea. Given how close it comes to the rear of the second row seats, I doubt it would work with a full height cargo barrier (unless the barrier was angled forward at the bottom or the second row back rests were vertical). Good luck with sales.
    Last edited by outbackogre; 06-04-18, 09:26 AM.
    My friends call me Rob; you can call me .... Rob.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    MY12 NW GL DiD auto. 2" MD Lovells/Bilstein lift. Bushskinz underbody protection. Home made rear platform with sliding boxes above and lots of space underneath.

Comment

• Paul (SA)
      • Apr 2013
      • Australia

How is the fridge slide attached to the platform?

Comment

• Jan 2016
        • adelaide

imo,price not competitive at all.
        $895 could almost buy 3 Titan 900mm drawer,$339 atm
        only advantage of yours would be 3rd row seat quick mount,mayb lighter,but thats with no drawers or fridge slide which Titan has.from picture,Titan seems better build,yours more like a diy job.

Comment

• Ian H
          Valued Member
          • May 2015
          • Melbourne

The reason I'm taking my Titan drawers out is weight. They are 70kg empty ! And when you add ball weight from a van, it's very hard to load up the car and not be over the limit.

Other drawer systems are more like $1,500 to over $2,000 so good on the Paul for giving people the option of a cheaper system. The previous post also forgets to mention the delivery cost which takes the Titan set to about $400.
          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Jan 2016
            • adelaide

not for my situation hence 'imo'
            local store pick up.
            of course gotta be lighter without drawers for a start,no fridge slide.use the Titan without drawers,problem solved
            I'll admit,I like the design,and people are free to charge what ever they want,all I'm saying is imo,it is not worth the extra $ over the cheaper option above,$556 cheaper.
            both requires postage if you don't live close by

Comment

• jkwpajero
              • Jun 2008
              • Young, NSW

Not everyone needs or wants a heavy draw system in their vehicle. 70 kg of dead weight! I have an Off Road Systems storage platform and fridge slide in mine, as a permanent mount. However this easy fix platform would have many advantages for people who still need to use the rear seat, and who may want to go lightweight camping without it fitted. Nice work.

James
              2014 NW VR-X, with a few modifications and an Automate fitted Driving Pajero number three.

Comment

• phicks
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2011
                • melbourne

Originally posted by Paul (SA) View Post
                How is the fridge slide attached to the platform?
                Hi Paul - The Fridge slide mounted to the top with some bolts, it's a Plywood top covered in carpet, so we just drilled some holes in the top and bolted the fridge slide to it.

Comment

• Aze
                  • Dec 2015
                  • Melbourne

Originally posted by 028 View Post
                  imo,price not competitive at all.
                  $895 could almost buy 3 Titan 900mm drawer,$339 atm
                  only advantage of yours would be 3rd row seat quick mount,mayb lighter,but thats with no drawers or fridge slide which Titan has.from picture,Titan seems better build,yours more like a diy job.
                  https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/pro...prado-120.html
                  I agree with this personally regarding cost. I applaud the concept but I think I will build a similar product only due to the price. I am familiar with various drawer systems and a lot more goes into the construction of a typical drawer set than this shelf (or others I have seen fitted) so I think the price is a bit easier to swallow with drawers compared to this.
                  It certainly is a good idea as a removable system would suit many (including me) and I wish you all the best, many who can't manufacture themselves will see value in it.
                  Aze
                  NJ 3.0L Auto

Comment

• phicks
                    Valued Member
                    • Feb 2011
                    • melbourne

Rear Shel

Hi Everyone, I have added another picture below, this one is on my own vehicle,
                    We've slightly changed the carpet specification, and timber specification which has enabled us to reduce the price a bit , and it also looks a bit neater.
                    price now is $795.
                    Freight is available, contact me for a price.
                    The weight of the unit is 17kg if anyone is interested.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by phicks; 03-12-18, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• S4ajez
                      • Dec 2016
                      • Canberra

Dimensions?

G’day,

Looks like a great solution.
                      Could you please provide:
                      1. Height from floor to top of shelf.
                      2. Height from floor to underside of shelf (i.e. what height box can fit under)
                      3. Shipping cost to 2905.

Thanks, Shane.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X