• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kumabear
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2013
    • Sydney, Macarther Region

Hey, I have not attempted to do a relearn.

I'm not sure how I would initiate a relearn.

Would a incorrectly tightened rear drive shaft bolt also be causing the clunk I get when i go from reverse/neutral to drive? Ive been kind of treating that as normal.
    2011 MY12 NW Pajero GL (White)

Factory Rear Diff lock | Modded Traction Control | Hankook RT03 MT LT265/70/17 | Uniden 7760nb UHF | Opposite Lock 3 Loop steel bar with fog lights |Runva EXW12000 | Bushskinz plates and sliders |Ultimate Suspension true 50mm Lift (above factory trim)

Wishlist:

Comment

• pasniny
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Kumabear View Post
      Hey, I have not attempted to do a relearn.

I'm not sure how I would initiate a relearn.

Would a incorrectly tightened rear drive shaft bolt also be causing the clunk I get when i go from reverse/neutral to drive? Ive been kind of treating that as normal.
      Sql has to be carried out by MItsu dealer with Mutt tool

Also if driveshaft is not tightened properly it makes lots of weird noises including the drive to reserver and so on

I had clonking noise for years then i decided to drop it into a mate workshop and he found it

rear passenger side was not tightened properly

Comment

• Turtlee
        • Apr 2013
        • Western Australia

I've been experiencing the harsh shift into 5th lately. I drive with light throttle , and I shift into 5th at around 60kph(speedo readout) also just under 2000rpm, also made me think something had broken...

25xxx Km's
        MY13 NW Pajero GLXR 3.2 Turbo Diesel
        Bushskinz Sump & Intercooler plates , MM Alloy Bullbar , Safari Snorkel , Turbo Timer , Factory Rear Diff Lock , GME TX 3220 , HD Front & SD Rear 2" Lovells Springs, Hercules Terra Trac AT LT275/70/17 , Roley's rear skid plate , TC + RDL Mod , EGR blank , SPV Mod.

Comment

• Pauno
          • Dec 2012
          • Newcastle

I had an ecu update at my last service. First time it had been to a mitubishi dealer. The update fixed the clunk, plus another issue I had where the auto seemed to shudder between 3rd and 4th when I was on a light or trailing throttle.
          Very happy, car seems new again.
          NW Exceed

Comment

• Fleet5ltr
            • Oct 2014
            • sa

Same here but only when cold
            2012 NW GLS Cool Silver Nudge bar, tow bar, spare wheel lift kit, SPV EGR MOD Mk3,Tekonsha Primus EB Controller, Custom made dual battery tray with Redarc SBI12, 6B&S Anderson Plug, Boos Bash Plates, Dobinson 40mm lift
            In the shed:, Millford Cargo barrier,​Roof Racks, 2015 New Age Manta Ray 19BC

Comment

• ---Scarface---
              • Jul 2014
              • Western Australia

I've had similar issues but does not necessarily have to be at that 50-60kmh range, can happen at any speed.

I've spoken to my local Mitsubishi dealer about this at the last service and the service advisor said it actually has a name from Mitsubishi called "Shift Shock". Essentially he said it is a software problem, not a hardware problem. He also said he's never seen it cause any damage (other than a few soiled jock when someone's 2,000k old Paj starts clunking into top gear) but there is apparently a software update which will sort it out which lines up with one of the posts above.

Comment

• cookie
                • Feb 2008
                • Perth

I just had mine serviced this week and had experienced the rough shift into 5th as described which asked the dealer to investigate.
                They also did the software upgrade and so far I haven't experienced the rough shift but it's only been a couple of days and the weather has warmed up here in the west. The shift points are slightly different now though and does seem marginally smoother through all gears.
                2014 NW GLX
                ----------------------------------------------
                Previously: 98 Challenger, 2 inch lift, koni shocks, ARB bullbar, Lightforce 240 Blitz, redarc dual battery sys, UHF, bushman fridge, Wrangler ATR's

Comment

• Pauno
                  • Dec 2012
                  • Newcastle

Reading through the posts the rough shift comes back after a while and I can say it's started to show its face again in mine after about 4 months and 5000km. The only problem about getting the software fixed again is I have to take it to a Mitsubishi dealer.
                  NW Exceed

Comment

• Keithyv
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2018
                    • Perth

Bringing an OLD thread back to life - I have this too in my NW (2014 and done 42,000km)

Driving with light throttle I get a distinct light 'bang' into and out of 5th / 4th when cold (Auto)

Just seems like general drive-line lash..
                    Anyone else get a faint 'chirp' from dead cold when it changes from 1st to 2nd?
                    Almost like a subtle quick whine - like a descending whistle - very hard to describe...
                    2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
                    MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• spot01
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by Keithyv View Post
                      Bringing an OLD thread back to life - I have this too in my NW (2014 and done 42,000km)

Driving with light throttle I get a distinct light 'bang' into and out of 5th / 4th when cold (Auto)

Just seems like general drive-line lash..
                      Anyone else get a faint 'chirp' from dead cold when it changes from 1st to 2nd?
                      Almost like a subtle quick whine - like a descending whistle - very hard to describe...
                      The "chirp" is normal - several of mine have done it - variable vane turbo, I think?

I had a Gen 4 some years ago that would sometimes bang into 5th upshifting when cold on a very light throttle. They learn your driving habits & I think gentle driving may contribute? I think someone once mentioned a software patch/upgrade from the dealer fixed an issue like this? You could try leaving the battery lead off for a few minutes to force the auto to re-learn it's shifting.
                      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Darknstormy
                        • Aug 2015
                        • Adelaide

Hey guys, since someone else brought the post back to life I thought I'd add my 2 cents

I have 2010 NT with 145,000 on the clock and mine has always done it, got the software done after reading this maybe 1.5 years ago, it does fix it for a bit but I found it only clunks once or twice when cold and when its labouring eg going up a slight hill when it changes and it doesn't clunk on the flat just changes with a bit of lag on the flat. Gotta love the quirks... my VE Berlina Wagon did the same thing also our AU Ute at work so its a common thing in the car world.

My squeaky belts annoy me more, and they are relatively new.
                        Amateur Landscape Photographer
                        https://www.facebook.com/darknstormyimages/
                        | Mitsubishi Pajero NT RX Dec 2010 3.2L Turbo DID Auto | Cool Silver | SPV EGR Module Mk3.1 | Factory Nudge Bar, King's 9inch LED Spotties | Old Man Emu Shocks | King Springs 2" Lift
                        | FuelMaster filter & water trap | Dual Battery, Acdelco 82Ah | Redarc solenoid | Rhino Vortex Roof Racks | Adventure Kings Awening | Bright Blue Interior Lights | Engel 40lt | BT OB2II to Android Monitoring | Octane Tinting

Comment

• Luths
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Jamaica

Fifth Gear Ratio Error And Yaw sensor error

I have a 2014 DiD pajero which have given me a "Fifth Gear ratio error. There's a thud when in fifth gear and the vehicle jerks and the N light flashes when this occurs, this usually occurs between 60 - 80 kph. In addition, it gives a abs error which I am told is the yaw sensor. My transmission mechanic pulled out the transmission put in a master kit and the problem is still there. I need help. Can I get some advise?

Comment

• herbs
                            • Dec 2018
                            • south australia

I too am having the issue with trans banging in top gear when cold. Im glad i am not the only one. I will speak to Mitsubishi about it next week.

Comment

• Fokker
                              • Mar 2020
                              • Vaxholm

Is there a permanent fix to the rough gear change to 5th gear when engine/transmission is cold and during slow acceleration?

Is The softare update just a temporary fix?
                              Is newer cars not affected?

Mine is a 2012 model.

Thanks
                              David

Comment

• Larppanen
                                • Feb 2020
                                • Finland

I have also this problem, I've had this car for about one month and I think I'm glad that I found this thread and maybe my car is not going to break up just yet. I have 2010 147 kW version so this is NW model, right? 208000 km on it.

What I have learned about this issue is only changing from 4th -> 5th and light throttle causes it. Weather been from -10 to +5 and I have not noticed any difference when its cold or "warm".

Garage replaced auto transmission oil by flushing and used this oil, should be OK?
                                Comma MVATF+: https://www.commaoil.com/passenger-v...ducts/view/180

After auto oil change all seemed very smooth and I could not get it banging. But after about one week it did it again. I then disconnected batteries to reset memory and again for about one week all seemed smooth and then banging started again.

I then replaced engine oil, front and rear differential oils and transfer case oil, still banging.
                                Could not find any slack underneath the car, only very very tiny slack when turning rear prop shaft by hand.

Is there any way I can check what version of software my car has? Or do I need to get it to Mitsu garage to be checked and maybe updated?
                                Pajero 2010 3.2TD 147kW Automatic

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X