Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bits and Pieces

Bits and Pieces Whatever does not fit into the other catergories.

Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

There's another problem with cars which don't require you to insert a key to start, as long as the key is in the car it's fine.....but.....

I was driving my wife's Mazda and had the key in my pocket. She was in the passenger seat and I was going to visit a friend and when we got there, I got out, she changed to the drivers side and away she went. No problem until.....it's one of there's new models and it turns off when you stop at the traffic lights. So she's on a major road, in the right turn lane and the car turns off and there's no way it will start again without the key.

You can imagine the phone call I got.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 1 Week Ago

Why are they called proximity keys when they are not, car should shut down when you are 2 feet away from it.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Yep, that's what I thought too. Obviously in a Mazda, you only need the key to start it.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
Yep, that's what I thought too. Obviously in a Mazda, you only need the key to start it.
I don't believe that problem is isolated to Mazda.
Old 1 Week Ago

My Fiesta ST (now gone) behaved the same way.

I had an EL Falcon until recently. Before I sold it, I could park in either 1 of 2 ninety-degree parking spaces out of about 15 in this section of the street right behind my work and I could guarantee that my keyless remote wouldn't work. There was something nearby / under the road surface / bouncing off the nearby building that rendered it useless and forced me to use the key each time. Worked perfectly everywhere else.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
Mt Wellington above Hobart in Tasmania has a number of radio towers located adjacent to the lookout car park. The local RACT depot in Hobart calls it the Bermuda Triangle because of the number of modern cars that won't start due to radio frequency interference with electronic systems https://www.wellingtonpark.org.au/as...nformation.pdf

Cheers,
Stephen
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter1 View Post
of the number of modern cars that won't start due to radio frequency interference with electronic systems
Modern cars eh ? I'll be up there in a few weeks, expecting absolutely no problems with the Paj
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
Modern cars eh ? I'll be up there in a few weeks, expecting absolutely no problems with the Paj
Bah ha ha. Probably won't be able to clear the nag screen at all.
NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread