• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Poite91
    • Jan 2017
    • Adelaide

How long did your rear shocks last you?

Hi all,

So just stuck my head under my NX 2016 build Pajero looking at the tyres and found my rear shocks have started to leak. The car has only done 23000km.

I’m just wondering how long peoples shocks have lasted them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Pwoffey
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2013
    • Adelaide

Not sure how long my OEM shocks would have lasted - I swapped them out almost as soon as I bought my NW. After almost 5 years and 117,000km on the clock I have just lost one of my rear Koni Raid 88 shocks. They've survived a lot of outback punishment. I'll replace the pair on the rear axle with Konis and keep the surviving old one as a spare. I've got a trip up into Arnhem Land later this month and I want to be able to rely on the suspension.
    BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• bb2wa
      • Apr 2018
      • Perth

My NT has done 140K kms and while Mits said they need replacing, a local mechanic confirmed my thoughts that no problems as yet. OEM shocks.
      2009 NT DID Platinum, CR5002HP air bags, KYB Skorched 4s shocks, std front springs, rear Kings std . Alpine iLX-702D, Occam roof rack 2.2m on backbone.

Comment

• farcanal
        • Mar 2010

My recently traded NP had 280,000km on the clock.
        My last camping trip was over some of the roughest roads I've ever encountered and I'm pretty sure the shocks were on the way out after that trip. When the salesman took it for a run to appraise it for trading he said the suspension probably needed some work. Before that camping trip they seemed fine to me....but I never actually got under to have a look.
        The k's on OP's Pajero seemed too low for leaking shocks.

Comment

• nj swb
          Resident
          • Jun 2007
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by Pwoffey View Post
          Not sure how long my OEM shocks would have lasted - I swapped them out almost as soon as I bought my NW. After almost 5 years and 117,000km on the clock I have just lost one of my rear Koni Raid 88 shocks. They've survived a lot of outback punishment. I'll replace the pair on the rear axle with Konis and keep the surviving old one as a spare. I've got a trip up into Arnhem Land later this month and I want to be able to rely on the suspension.
          Aren't Konis rebuildable? Have you obtained a quote to have them re-built?
          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Pwoffey
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2013
            • Adelaide

You are quite right - Konis are rebuildable. And Mark at Web Suspension is getting a quote. My problem is that I leave for Arnhem Land at the end of next week and the turn around time for repairs just doesn't fit. Just BTW, there are no new Koni 56272 available at present from the Oz distributor (Top Performance) or elsewhere Mark has tried. So given the constraints I am going to get some Billies straight away (always wanted to try them) and will get the bung Koni rebuilt at leisure, so I will have the Konis standing by as my next replacements.
            BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• Poite91
              • Jan 2017
              • Adelaide

Going through my warranty booklet and have found out the shocks are only covered for 12 months or 20000km.

I honestly can’t believe they have leaked. I have only done one trip towing a 2 tone boat for 350km. A trip to peak sand hills and one to bendleby ranges.

Oh well I guess it’s time for a lift...

Comment

• Travel Tragic
                • Nov 2017
                • Central Coast NSW

Go back to your Mitsubishi dealer and have an argument. Just because they say they only have 12 months warranty means nothing. There is an implied warranty on all new products sold that they must have a reasonable lifespan. The standard shocks on my old 98 Pajero lasted in excess of 300,000 kms but the shocks on my 2015 Triton had to be replaced at 15,000 kms (under warranty) so it would seem quality is slipping. John
                2017 NX Second Battery, Redarc DcDc Charger, Factory towbar, Redarc Brake Contoller. Otherwise standard

Comment

• Poite91
                  • Jan 2017
                  • Adelaide

How long did your rear shocks last you?

Just an update called into Mitsubishi and they have warranted the shocks.

I still don’t trust them as I haven’t done that much yet just flinders, peak sand hills and some general stuff around. Only towed once a 2 tonne boat for 350km.

I will be replacing the suspension shortly with Old Man Emu.

Last edited by Poite91; 18-07-18, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Bushboy
                    • Dec 2011
                    • Broken Hill, Australia

05 NP standard shocks, 375K

05 NP standard shocks, 375K Rears fine just put new bushes,
                    Fronts just started weeping, still stroke ok, no air, might replace soon ?

Comment

• Wazza430
                      • Jul 2015
                      • Port Pirie S.A.

My shocks (front and rear) were gone by about 75,000km. None were leaking but 2 were very soft. I would pay a visit to your local Mitsi joint and voice your concerns with them.
                      MY15 GLS NX Pajero, ARB Deluxe bar, AE4705 GME Antenna, Uniden 8060S, SPV EGR block, Donaldsonl fuel filter, Front tinted windows, Monroe shocks, King Springs,HPD catch can, 9" dominator driving lights.

Comment

• Seigried
                        Valued Member
                        • Apr 2016
                        • brisbane

105000k on my NW from new. On road only.
                        255000k on my NS. Ive had it for about 22000ks and when purchaesed it had new enduro max shocks and struts with hd rear lovells and md front lovells. No issues with the rears. The NS is used off road

Both setups are still going strong.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X