Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Photography and Videos

Photography and Videos Show us your great shots

Old 22-03-17
Resident

Default Photobucket

OK, so I've been using Photobucket for years, and have a significant collection of photos linked into a number of threads here, and on other forums.

But lately, it seems very (painfully, unbelievably, incredibly) laggy and unstable. Not just my photos; if I try to open other photos linked to this forum, it can take a long time to do anything useful, and cause my browser to become unresponsive on other tabs. Eventually, the Photobucket tab crashes and restarts - and the pattern repeats.

Googling for hints and tips returns the what-else-to-expect mix of "it sucks for me too" and "I have no problems here" - but I don't see any discussion of paid vs unpaid accounts.

I'm an unpaid user, but I'd be happy to pay if it becomes usable. So:

1. Does anybody else have problems accessing Photobucket?
2. What browser do you use?
3. Are you a paying customer, or free-loader like me?

What other image hosting websites should I consider instead?

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 22-03-17
Valued Member

Hey, yes I use photobucket as well and it has become rubbish! I have so many photos on there. It's hard to link now due to speed (or lack of). It clogs my whole computer up when it's running and I have tried it on Firefox and the explorer 10 and finally it crashes the computer. I'd rather use something else.
Old 22-03-17

yeah i'm a freeloader too, its been crap for a while now so I recently signed up for imgur. Haven't really used it yet though.

my time with photobucket has come to an end that's for sure, no patience for it anymore

Old 22-03-17
Valued Member

Photobucket is riddled with javascript and links to 3rd party advertisers. It has become virtually unusable and then there's the security risk because they don't actually control the ads that are served up.

Like you, I've been using it for years and stuck with it at least for those hundreds of photos that are linked here and on NTN.

I tried Postimage recently and it's very quick, but lacks the organisational tools. I don't know if the paid version of Photobucket is any better than the free. Not willing to subscribe to find out that it's not.
Old 22-03-17
Valued Member

Why, specifically, are you guys using PB?
Old 22-03-17
Valued Member

For myself, because originally it was good, and free.
Old 22-03-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFT5 View Post
For myself, because originally it was good, and free.
And the best way to upload to forums years ago ???
Old 22-03-17
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Yep, I'm with everybody else. Its like dragging nails across a blackboard. I just made another blog entry yesterday. The drama's I had just trying to copy the pictures link for that blog was damn near impossible (in fact, I had to do a firefox update for it to even select the field). I'm not looking forward to collating my pics from my ABH run in a month when I return, that's for sure. Problem for me, I have so many pics stored on that blog (the next entry will be post #50) That I'm sort of stuck with it now. Its always been laggy, but the last 18 months or so, has become near impossible.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 23-03-17
Valued Member

I thought I was having an issue on my laptop. Tends to fit the bill that it may be photobucket causing the crashes as this forum is usually open on a tab. I have been having issues where pictures of this forum don't load when I'm on the laptop using Win10 and Firefox. Firefox crashes once I try to type something into a text box but not all the time. I have no issues loading the same pages on the iPad. I have to restart the computer after a crash otherwise reopening FF and reloading the pages will see another crash.
NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread
Old 23-03-17
Valued Member

intersesting I am a PB user and my only issue is uploading multiple files - they nearly always crash, but I always put it down to my crap net connection. I dont seem to ever had issues loading anyone elses images (of course you all may not be using it now) but it is still in use in other forums I use as well.

.... and 1990 Nissan Z32 300zx for on road shenanigans