• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fbossie
    • Nov 2012
    • Perth

Roof rack for roof top tent on 2002 NM pajero

Hello,

I`m looking for a roof top tent roofrack for my 2002 NM pajero. All affordable roofracks I`ve found so far (TigerZ11 or Ebay) are all for cars with gutters which my paj doesnt have. All I`ve found so far is a roofrack from "tracklander" for around $1700 or one from "windcheeter" for around $1400.

So question is does anyone knows where to find a roofrack for a more affordable price near Perth (or that can be shipped) that fits my paj with fixed roof tracks.

Thanks in advance!
    2002NM 3.2DiD - Manual
    Dual batteries with redarc - K&N air filter - self made storage system with 600w inverter, 12v and usb - nudge-bar.
  • Aussie_Dan
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Cairns

You cannot beat the Rhino track mount system for the NM / NP....
    You can bolt the roof top tent straight to the HD bars.
    Check it out:

We make world class durable easy-to-use roof racks, luggage boxes, bike carriers, kayak carriers, ski carriers, load securing accessories and more

Cheers, Dan.
    2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• Fbossie
      • Nov 2012
      • Perth

Thanks a lot Dan.

this is definetely something to consider as its a lot cheaper.
      However i prefer to have a full length rack in stead of cross bars so i can put a spare tyre and other stuff in front of the tent on the roof rack.
      2002NM 3.2DiD - Manual
      Dual batteries with redarc - K&N air filter - self made storage system with 600w inverter, 12v and usb - nudge-bar.

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2010
        • Cairns

No probs. The solution then is to set yourself up with a 3 bar HD Rhino track mount system and install a rooftop tent rack down directly onto the Rhino bars. Something like this:

Cheers, Dan.
        2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• Nik
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2010
          • Perth

You could look at the Pioneer platform as well
          We make world class durable easy-to-use roof racks, luggage boxes, bike carriers, kayak carriers, ski carriers, load securing accessories and more

A few members on here have got them and seem to be very happy with them.
          2005 NP Platinum 3.2 DID Auto, Lovells HD springs, Bilstein shocks, Firestone Airbags, ARB bar, Warn XD 9000 winch, IPF 900 Xtreme Sport lights, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards, Outback Accessories rock sliders, GME 3200 UHF, CTEK Dc to Dc Dual Battery system, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2 tyres, Torque Converter lock-up kit, Safari snorkel, Taipan high performance exhaust, LRA 66lt long range fuel tank.

Comment

• swampy 6863
            • Nov 2012
            • parkes

have to agree with you Dan, I'v got the track mount system with 3 areo bars and a 3/4 steel rack and after just getting back from the cape a few weeks ago I didn't have any issues with the set-up. Must say it was fairly loaded up too with a couple swags, storage box, cook box, tent and a tyre carcess plus a 20lt fuel tub. (pushing close to max. weight) Definitly the way to go.
            cheers

Comment

• Muzza
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007
              • Nsw

I have a 2 bar rhino system, not aero for base model NM, NP no roof rail, used once, make me an offer, via Private message
              Muzza
              2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
              2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
              2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

• pajflareo
                • Feb 2013
                • Syd

Originally posted by Muzza View Post
                I have a 2 bar rhino system, not aero for base model NM, NP no roof rail, used once, make me an offer, via Private message
                If Fbossie is not interested in this, I might be! Let me know how it goes, or PM me a price!

Comment

• Fbossie
                  • Nov 2012
                  • Perth

Thanks Muzza but I dont need it yet.
                  2002NM 3.2DiD - Manual

Comment

• Fbossie
                    • Nov 2012
                    • Perth

AussieDan,

do I need special/additional clamps to bolt the steel roofrack onto the Rhino cross bars. The roofrack is for gutter mount only?

thanks
                    2002NM 3.2DiD - Manual

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X