• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dannyv68
    • Sep 2019
    • uk

Squeaking and chattering rear door

Hi

Anyone had experience sorting out the rattle or squeak or chattering noise you can get from.the rear door of a shogun? It looks like the bottom.of the door is sitting on the rubber in the boot floor.

Im thinking its either sunk or its not being held tight when latched.

Any one else sorted this prob?

Rgds
  • Having Fun
    • Jun 2015
    • Adelaide

G'day,

They do "sink" on the latch side of the rear door, at least ours has, as evidenced by the wear marks on the plastic shroud along the floor at the rear.

But I doubt that is causing your problem. Ours has traveled quite a lot of very bumpy, corrugated, long dirt roads & it doesn't make any noise while traveling.

I suspect that your door latch is worn, or out of adjustment? There's a plastic sleeve that fits over the steel anchor point that is the receiver. I'd check if that's worn first, as it's easy to do. if worn, either pad it up with some tape (cheap & easy), or replace it with a new one. If it's not worn, I'd think that your door latch is probably too loose & needs to be adjusted. I personally would rather pay someone to adjust it than do it myself, as it could be a tad frustrating getting it right.

Good luck with it!

Comment

• GHendo
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2012
      • Northern NSW

I've just had to have new hinges fitted to mine. The door has been a bugger to open and shut and when we looked at the hinges they were well worn. The new hinges have made it like new.

Geoff
      03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• dannyv68
        • Sep 2019
        • uk

Thanks very much both, I'll check the latch and see if the hinges have worn / dropped

Cheers

D.

Comment

• Melanie
          • Jul 2009
          • Newcastle NSW

Hi Ghendo. We’re in Newcastle NSW and have the squeaky door issue on our NP. We are pretty sure it’s flogged out hinge pins. Where did you get the replacement hinges from? From your comment it looks like you had someone do it for you. Did they supply or did you? Thanks
          2006 NP Auto Petrol, Rhino rack, dual batteries, home made storage, Yokohama A/T's, Engel 40L.

Comment

• GHendo
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2012
            • Northern NSW

Hi Melanie

Yes, I had a panel beater acquaintance do the job for me. He bought genuine hinges and painted them before fitting. He also acquired a ‘new’ rubber seal from a wrecker as mine was badly malformed – somebody (the wife), had dragged something out of the back and dislodged the rubber then closed the door on it – once this is done the rubber is pretty much buggered.

The hinges were $115 each, the second hand rubber seal was $73 (a new one from MM is about $400 !!) and he charged me about $200 for doing the job. Whoever does the job needs to align the door and I noticed he removed one of the existing shims that was under one of the hinges – I kept it in case it’s needed later. It now opens and shuts just like new.

Cheers
            Geoff
            03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Melanie
              • Jul 2009
              • Newcastle NSW

Thanks for the info Geoff.
              2006 NP Auto Petrol, Rhino rack, dual batteries, home made storage, Yokohama A/T's, Engel 40L.

Comment

• smartm5
                • May 2010
                • Perth

A late response but it may be helpful.

I recently received my Pajero back from a third party (that's another story) and noticed squeaking / rattling coming from the rear. I thought it was the back door and was concerned the back door had sagged.

A little investigation showed it was simplly the Wheel Brace and tool pouch under the third seat had been moved and not secured. Securing it with the velcro cured the problem; no more squeaks and rattles.

Sometimes you can be pleasantly surprised that there is a simple fix to a problem!

Hopefully you have solved your issue by now..

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X