• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RAP-16
    • Dec 2019
    • Indonesia

Greeting From Indonesian Pajero Sport/PB- Challenger User

Hello Guys.

First of all, i want to say sory for my bad english , because i'm an indonesian who live in indonesia and very rarely use english in my daily speaking and writing.

My Name is Rohman , and i own a 2010 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport (indonesian name)/ PB Challenger.

I only visit this forum several times and this is my first post on this forum, but i have had a good info/reference from this forum before.

By the way, short info on my daily drive Pajero Sport: I bought it in 2015 and the mileage : 55.000 km, and currently it has done 143.000 km. Eventough it's a 9 years old car, i'm sure its considered a still low mileage car from australian car user perspective..

It's a great car for me, always succeed to do its job to take me and my family or friends from point A to B. It's a robust car, until now it never had an expensive damage/repair. But my car mostly driven on asphalt (City road and highway), albeit bad quality road: bumpy and a lot of pothole.
    I like how my car drive as an SUV compared to other SUV peers, For example: Toyota Fortuner (an 7 seater SUV based on HiLux). The Pajero SPort has a better steering wheel feedback, better handling, but the suspension is more firm (but more harsh ride).

And this is the maintenance and repair history on my car (9 years old/143 K):

Engine & Tranmission:
    - It already had a timing belt changed Two times : 1st change at 75.000 km, 2nd change at 140.000 Km, part that are changed : Timing belt, balance belt, all tensioner & iddler pulley, hydraulic adjuster (changed only at 75k). No seal and waterpumpd changed yet. Luckily, Labour cost at my country is cheap (Compared to Australia): only approx: A$ 85 and its a "home service". Yup, the Mitsubishi dealer mechanic came to my home and changed the timing belt on my home garage, but it was on Sunday (off day) and he did it to get more income.
    -I change engine oil at 5.000 km interval, using Mobil delvac 15w/40 mineral oil, Change engine oil filter every 10K
    -change Fuel filter every 10k or sometimes 15K or sometimes when the Check engine light is on (bad diesel fuel)
    -Sometimes i use diesel fuel additive (mostly Liquimolly and Diesel Power, rarely: Redline) but i use it occasionally.
    -I only had an Injector purging 2x untill now.
    -Tranny oil change every 40k & Diff oil change every 20k
    -Sometimes i use diesel fuel additive (mostly Liquimolly and Diesel Power, rarely: Redline) but i use it occasionally.
    -I only had a Injector purging 2x untill now.
    -Intake & EGR cleaned :1x at 100K km
    -I have changed Clutch set : 1x (the old ones still has 1/4 of clutch disc thickness)

Suspension & Brakes:
    -I have changed front Brake Pads 2x, Rear drum brake still on its original brake pads
    -I have Changed my car full set of tire 1x (Bridgestone Dueller HT)
    -My car still using its original Shocks Absorber!
    -Rear Stabilizer rubber bushing changed : 1x

Car AC System:
    -AC Compressor oil & Freon changed at 100K, Receiver/dryer changed also. Condensor and evaporator never been cleaned.
    But i regularly cleaned & change the cabin filter and use an AC evaporator cleaner (bottle).

Other Part Maintenance:
    -Buy 1 new car key and programmed/coded on the dealership. This is one of the most expensive "maintenance" cost i had on the car.
    -Change car battery : 1x. My current car battery is almost 2,5 years old.

i think thats what i can remembered about maintenance that i've done on my Pajero Sport.
    my car still going strong, i like to drive it fast especially on highway. I often revved it untill 4K RPM and drove it reaching speed up to 160 - 170 km/h.

ok, thats it for now guys, sory for the long thread. Critique and advise are very appreciated.

Cheers and thanks in advance.
    Last edited by RAP-16; 18-12-19, 01:36 AM.
  • dc80
    • Jan 2019
    • Perth

Welcome RAP-16 and apa kabar!

It's always interesting to hear from our international members, I am certainly jealous of how cheap it is to get servicing and I can understand it's easier to pay someone than to do it yourself DIY, like we do here in Aus.

I've visited Indonesia a number of times, mainly Bali, Jakarta and the most recent trip touring through Java - Semarang, Yogyakarta (my favourite), Surakarta and Surabaya. Apart from the traffic (macet!) it was very interesting and Indonesia has some amazing sites e.g. Borobudur and Mount Merapi (took a Jeep tour).

I was interested to see how the Australian market would react when they launched the Fortuner here a few years ago as it seemed to be a very popular car in Indonesia at the time. Reading reviews it hasn't done well in Australia and you rarely see them, Pajeros and Pajero Sports on the other hand you see plenty.

I have a couple of questions for you. Is it difficult to source after market parts in Indonesia from brands like ARB, Lovells, etc?

The second one I have, browsing through Youtube I came across lots of videos from the Indonesian Pajero Sports club like these:

There seem to be lots of club members that get police lights and sirens fitted, is this legal over in Indonesia and is there any real purpose apart from looks? And do many enthusiasts do really serious off road work - I bet there's a lot of muddy places to have some fun and test your 4wd!
    2016 NX GLS MY16 | MMA towbar | Boo's bash plates | ProVent 200 catch can | 2" Lovells MD (F+R) + Bilsteins | Stedi 28" ST4K | Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/60R18 | Yokohama Geolandar G015 LT265/70R17 | iDRIVE | Redarc Tow Pro Elite | Nautia switch panel

Comment

• kod10
      • May 2014
      • brisbane

Welcome, I too find this forum very helpful.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X