• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TC.Barky
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2011
    • Melbourne

Yeah this annoys the bejeezus out of me. Annoying having to baby the handbrake worrying it's gonna stop working again. Only takes a few days after service to go fairly loose again.
    MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
    Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• NJV6
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2010
      • New Zealand

Originally posted by kiwi1973 View Post
      The park brake shoe springs aren't interchangeable front to back - I.e. there is a marking (green dot I recall) on one spring that needs to be placed either towards the front or rear. Thus the springs have different spring rates. Not sure if this is related to your problem. I can find the page in the manual that explains this and post it here if you'd like?
      Good info, thanks. If you could take a pic and post it that would be great!
      1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
      1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
      2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

• kiwi1973
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2012
        • New Zealand

Originally posted by NJV6 View Post
        Good info, thanks. If you could take a pic and post it that would be great!

Here's the instructions from the page that relates to the long wheel base models, which I believe is appropriate to you.

When I upload it here the quality isn't that legible. If you PM me your email address I can email you an easier to read copy.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by kiwi1973; 11-11-17, 01:09 PM.
        2007 Shogun 3.2DID. UK Diamond Spec. Harrop Eaton front E-locker. MCC Bullbar. Runva 11XP winch. 17" Dotz rims with 32" STT Pro. Koni HT RAID 90 series with +2" EHD Lovells springs. ASFIR protection plates for engine & transmission. DIY steel rocksliders. LRA 81 litre auxiliary fuel tank. Waeco CFX-40. Home made drawers & fridge slide. Dual power - 120a/h AGM with CTEK DC-DC. LED lighting. 43 litre water tank with two electric pumps - one for tap (via filter) & one via heat exchanger.

Comment

• aussieintas
          Valued Member
          • Feb 2013
          • Sorell, Tasmania

Or it can be found on this site, which will make it easier to look at at.

Go to Do it yourself projects, then top sticky posy DIY bible, then scroll down to Gen4, first link, tech manual.
          2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
          88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
          92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
          92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
          99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
          95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
          08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• yozrock1
            • Nov 2015
            • Rockhampton

Mine was not working well for months had the rotors machined park brake and rear brakes faces and replaces park and rear brake pads. Not much improvement after and mech said cable could be stretched anyway after about a month seems like the faces have mated properly as handbrake is now good
            2008 NS VRX 25th Anniversary - ARB Bar, MM Tow Bar, 2" Pedders Track Ryder Front-Dobinsons Rear Lift Kit, Safari Snorkel, DPF Delete Pipe, GME TX3540, 20" LED Lightbar, Portman Turbo Timer, Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Controller, 3" Exhaust,

Comment

• Allan2
              • May 2013
              • Mid Nort Coast, NSW

I agree with OJ this is how I do it as well. Foot on brake, apply handbrake, release foot brake, put auto trans in park.
              The parking pawl in the auto trans is made from metal 'filings' pressed together under incredible pressure then heat treated to obtain it's hardness. It is a small piece of metal holding your vehicle in place. I don't like loading mine up.

Regards Allan.
              2009 NT, 3.2 Auto, D/Lights & Light Bar, EGR mod, Sump and Inter Cooler Guards, Tow Bar, Bog Standard.

Comment

• Muz
                • Jul 2018
                • Coffs Harbour

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but is a handbrake adjustment relatively easy to do? Is there some instructions somewhere that I may be able to look at?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• aussieintas
                  Valued Member
                  • Feb 2013
                  • Sorell, Tasmania

Online manual on the forum will assist with many things.

Section Do it yourself projects, Diy Bibles, in gen 4 area tech manual

Previously
                  88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                  92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                  92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                  95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                  08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Johnnytheone
                    • Nov 2017
                    • Duncraig

80 series Landcruisers are a bastard as well. Some guy modified the spreader bar at the top of the 2 brake shoes and that helped a bit. Maybe some bright spark can figure out a similar mod.

Comment

• Muz
                      • Jul 2018
                      • Coffs Harbour

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
                      Online manual on the forum will assist with many things.

Section Do it yourself projects, Diy Bibles, in gen 4 area tech manual
                      Sorry mate but could you drop a link into this thread. I'm still learning how to navigate around this forum and I can't find the section you have listed.

Comment

• aussieintas
                        Valued Member
                        • Feb 2013
                        • Sorell, Tasmania

On the main front page when you open pajero forum, look further down than all the vehicle specific sections you will come to mechanical, body and soul sections etc. A bit further down you'll see the Do It Yourself Projects section, click on that to open up. First thread is DIY Bibles, click on that opens up a list of stuff, scroll down to Gen 4, first post under that named Pajero Tech Manual. Click that opens up a thread which explains how to open online tech manual.

Previously
                        88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                        92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                        92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                        95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                        08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Muz
                          • Jul 2018
                          • Coffs Harbour