X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • waz123
    • Feb 2017
    • Yarra Valley

I think Blackmonty may be referring to Apple Maps as the icon looks pretty similar - apple doesn't offer google maps integration yet with carplay. Google maps is a lot better IMO as it offers live traffic updates and alternate routes based on the traffic ahead. Either way I haven't found a work around without jailbreaking the phone.

Comment

• blackmonty
      • Aug 2007
      • Newcastle, Australia

Yep, thanks Waz. Apple maps. Still works well for me though although no offline settings are available.
      2015 GLX Pajero Sport

Comment

• Phree_ed
        • Apr 2016
        • Moreton Bay area

Originally posted by waz123 View Post
        I think Blackmonty may be referring to Apple Maps as the icon looks pretty similar - apple doesn't offer google maps integration yet with carplay. Google maps is a lot better IMO as it offers live traffic updates and alternate routes based on the traffic ahead. Either way I haven't found a work around without jailbreaking the phone.
        For navigation with the map on the car's screen that's correct but there is a way to get google maps to navigate by voice instruction but no visible map

Have a look at this link
        Since its launch on iOS 6, Apple has improved their Maps app over the years, but it still doesn't cut it when you compare it to Google's own Maps app. Sadly, Apple has monopolised navigation apps in on its CarPlay platform with their own Maps app (and who can blame them). With this…

I've tried it and it works with instructions via the car's speakers while dropping the volume on any carplay music as it does so.

I suppose you could have apple maps up on screen to see where you actually are but there'd be no nav highlights on the map.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X