• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Jackson
    • Dec 2011
    • Queensland

Injector Pump NS Pajero

Has anybody had an issue with the NS injector pump had the old girl for a service and had the fuel filter replaced the boys drained the filter and found metal fragments just wondering if anybody has had any trouble with the injector Note we have just come back from being on the road for 4 months.
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by Bob Jackson View Post
    Has anybody had an issue with the NS injector pump had the old girl for a service and had the fuel filter replaced the boys drained the filter and found metal fragments just wondering if anybody has had any trouble with the injector Note we have just come back from being on the road for 4 months.

The filter is before the pump so whatever is in the filter couldn't come from the pump.

Comment

• aussieintas
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2013
      • Sorell, Tasmania

Could have been some bad fuel if you travelled remote or did you use fuel cans/containers?

Are you having running issues with the Paj mate or is it the crap found in the filter?
      2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
      88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
      92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
      99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
      95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
      08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• sharkcaver
        "2000"+ Valued Contributor
        • May 2009
        • Perth

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
        The filter is before the pump so whatever is in the filter couldn't come from the pump.
        AFAIK, A common rail pump bleeds excess fuel back to the tank, so yes, it could.
        MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Bob Jackson
          • Dec 2011
          • Queensland

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
          Could have been some bad fuel if you travelled remote or did you use fuel cans/containers?

Are you having running issues with the Paj mate or is it the crap found in the filter?
          The only issue that I did have was a battery failure which caused some down time and about 2 years ago had an issue with SCV but noting since.

Comment

• Bob Jackson
            • Dec 2011
            • Queensland

The only issue that I did have was a battery failure which caused some down time and about 2 years ago had an issue with SCV but noting since.
            All the crap came from the filter (I guess I just wanted to also now if it is an issue with the Paj injector pumps and if it is common problem)

Comment

• Hill
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2007
              • Adelaide

Bob

Something odd is happening.

Intank fuel filter should prevent metal fragments reaching your factory filter - well at least larger ones.

I have seen metal fragments in fuel filters that have been left when filters were manufactured.

What brand filter is the fuel filter you found metal fragments in.? Equally important what did you replace it with?

I'd monitor for a while if vehicle is running OK and your not travelling remote in this period.

You may be lucky

Hill
              200 Series
              AOR Quantum 4

Comment

• Bob Jackson
                • Dec 2011
                • Queensland

Injector pump

Thanks To all that replied: Just a bit more info the Paj's has only done 176000k's it's been serviced regularly and the fuel filter is replaced every 20k's Note our service guy uses only genuine Mit;s parts. It's just that I noted through blog's that they've done double the k's before having possible trouble with the injector pump, And the other thing is with any metal at all would have caused a drama with SCV. But maybe not. Has anyone used a rebuild injector pump I would like to know thanks.

Comment

• kiwi1973
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2012
                  • New Zealand

It's just that I noted through blog's that they've done double the k's before having possible trouble with the injector pump, And the other thing is with any metal at all would have caused a drama with SCV. But maybe not. Has anyone used a rebuild injector pump I would like to know thanks.
                  I think you may still be confusing Gen 4's with the totally different type of injection pump found in Gen 3's. Gen 3 injection pumps have been known (on the forum) to need a rebuild around 300,000km + and I suspect it is in regard to those pumps that you have read information on the forum. There really hasn't been any significant information on the forum concerning rebuilding of injection systems for Gen 4's at all.
                  2007 Shogun 3.2DID. UK Diamond Spec. Harrop Eaton front E-locker. MCC Bullbar. Runva 11XP winch. 17" Dotz rims with 32" STT Pro. Koni HT RAID 90 series with +2" EHD Lovells springs. ASFIR protection plates for engine & transmission. DIY steel rocksliders. LRA 81 litre auxiliary fuel tank. Waeco CFX-40. Home made drawers & fridge slide. Dual power - 120a/h AGM with CTEK DC-DC. LED lighting. 43 litre water tank with two electric pumps - one for tap (via filter) & one via heat exchanger.

Comment

• baida88
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Brisbane

if you replace the injector pump you might as well replace the injectors at the same time. a refurb unit will cost about $1200 min so unless you actually have fuelling problems or weird sounds coming from the pump its not worth replacing at this stage
                    2007 NS Pajero VRX, Diesel, 50mm lift + 30mm sub-frame lift, 265 70 r18 falkens at3, duel batteries, Digital egt & boost gauges, CB, Offroad nav unit, Arb bullbar+spotlights+led bar+warn 9500lb winch, Stainless steel bash plates, full length roof rack+led lights+awning, rear bash bar, Long range tank, polyair bags, on board air compressor, rear shelves and fridge slide, 3 inch exhaust, solid flywheel.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X