• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hybrid
    • Feb 2013
    • Syd

Tweeter door pod popped off

Today when I closed the door, my drivers tweeter pod popped off.
    When I tried to put it back on, the plastic clip pushed into the door.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these plastic clips?
    I've left it off now so it doesn't get broken next time I closed the door.
    Last edited by hybrid; 14-09-17, 10:54 AM. Reason: Title change
  • NFT5
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Canberra

Most auto parts places carry a basic range of clips like this, usually in a blister pack of 3 for about $4.00. If not then your Mitsubishi dealer will have them, albeit a bit more expensive, like that amount, each.

Ebay is cheaper, per clip, but you may need to buy 10 or 20. I've just bought a selection of 1000 in different sizes/types which averaged out at about 5c each, but we go through them like crazy at work.
    Chris

Comment

• hybrid
      • Feb 2013
      • Syd

Thanks, I did think about those clips.
      This one has a round plastic pin on the pod that pushes in to the clip thingy. The pin is about 5mm diameter. I don't remember seeing clips like this in those packs, but I will have a look next time I see them.

Alternatively, it's due for a service soon, so I could just do it a bit earlier and ask them to fix it at the same time.

Comment

• starjunk
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2011
        • Sydney

Originally posted by hybrid View Post
        Thanks, I did think about those clips.
        This one has a round plastic pin on the pod that pushes in to the clip thingy. The pin is about 5mm diameter. I don't remember seeing clips like this in those packs, but I will have a look next time I see them.

Alternatively, it's due for a service soon, so I could just do it a bit earlier and ask them to fix it at the same time.
        That's one of those blue clips, isn't it? If all else fails, offer a prayer to the God of silicone... He works miracles :-)
        '92 NH GLS LWB 3.0V6 A/T ...sold Please DON'T consider
        '06 NP VR-X LWB Turbo Diesel Sports A/T..sold Please consider
        '96 NJ GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T..sold . Loved that car
        '08 NS GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T...daily driver. Wake up and Drive!

Comment

• hybrid
          • Feb 2013
          • Syd

Seems to be white or clear plastic.
          Picture is not my car, coz mine is obviously missing.
          Attached Files

Comment

• hybrid
            • Feb 2013
            • Syd

Ok, I managed to rescue it by removing the mirror.
            The plastic shoulder had seen better days - I think someone has had a fair go at it in the past.
            So put it back in with some added silcone to help keep it in place.

The pod seemed to go back in OK, so hopefully it stays in from now on. I still don't know why it popped out, but if it does it again I might have to use some silicone on the plastic pin to help keep it in.

Comment

• zippo
              • Jun 2017
              • Queensland

The trick to not pushing the clip through and in to the door frame is to take the plastic clip out first, put it on to the peg on the plastic trim (tweeter plastic cover thing) and then reinstall. Tip from the Clearview Mirrors install guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b4F6AbBJI0 shows it
              White PC, MY13 LS Auto. Diesel Smart Engine Chip, Windbooster Throttle Controller, M&M Auto-Mate, Full-width Intercooler, 3 Inch Stainless Exhaust, Safari Snorkel, Tough Dog Adjustable Suspension, Rear Air Bags, Diff breathers, Heavy Duty Tow Bar, X Cross Sports Front Bar, LED Bar Light, Toyo Open Country 275/65/17 Tyres, UHF CB, GSL Trailer Brake Controller, Pro 200 catch can, EGR mod.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X