• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Narvna
    • Mar 2017
    • Adelaide

Brake, Battery and Fuel Filter Light

I took my car up to the Coorong and went through Tee Tree Crossing (water crossing). About half an hour later i turned off my car and when i started it up again the brake, battery and fuel filter lights turned on.

I already checked all the fuses under the steering column and engine bay. All hazard lights and indicators are still working. Any ideas on what i should do?

Cheers

btw it's a manual np 3.2did
    ECB Bullbar, Snorkel, GME UHF, 16" ROH Trak 2's, Falken Wildpeak Tyres, Dobinson's 40mm Front Lift, Lovell's/Ultima 2" Rear Lift, Auxiliary Fuel Tank, 9" KINGS Illuminators, 6" Rear Light Bar, Rear Drawers, 2.5" Stainless 409 Dump Pipe to Muffler and KINGS 2.5m X 2.5m Awning.
  • RUGGA
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2014
    • Adelaide

I can't help but to say, Double check the hazard fuse in the engine bay. Pull it out and have a look or better still test or replace it. Do you have a tow bar and plug? Where you towing on the way to Salt Creek?
    02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• bambam351
      • Mar 2013
      • albany,wa

Originally posted by RUGGA View Post
      I can't help but to say, Double check the hazard fuse in the engine bay. Pull it out and have a look or better still test or replace it. Do you have a tow bar and plug? Where you towing on the way to Salt Creek?
      Second the Hazard fuse - kids playing in the car with camper on - pop - and pretty dash lights....

Comment

• Narvna
        • Mar 2017
        • Adelaide

No I wasn't towing anything. But yes, i do have a tow bar and plug. Just had some camping gear in the boot. I replaced the hazard fuse under the bonnet anyway but the lights are still on
        ECB Bullbar, Snorkel, GME UHF, 16" ROH Trak 2's, Falken Wildpeak Tyres, Dobinson's 40mm Front Lift, Lovell's/Ultima 2" Rear Lift, Auxiliary Fuel Tank, 9" KINGS Illuminators, 6" Rear Light Bar, Rear Drawers, 2.5" Stainless 409 Dump Pipe to Muffler and KINGS 2.5m X 2.5m Awning.

Comment

• Hatto
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2013
          • Mandurah WA

How deep was the water? Could you have ingested a bit of water maybe? Has the fuel filter got a water bleed tap? Or change the fuel filter.
          Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
          ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• Narvna
            • Mar 2017
            • Adelaide

I would say it was a maximum of 20/30cm in depth. Yeah its got a bleeder under the fuel filter and bled it for a bit but the lights are still on. Im thinking it could possibly be the alternator? (hope not though)

Comment

• RUGGA
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2014
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by Narvna View Post
              No I wasn't towing anything. But yes, i do have a tow bar and plug. Just had some camping gear in the boot. I replaced the hazard fuse under the bonnet anyway but the lights are still on
              Ok then, if you do loose your indicators and hazards soon, I would check all the wiring to the trailer plug outlet and your fuse will have blown. Is the car turning over any slower now? However next I would go and get my battery load tested at any good battery place also get them to check the load your alt is seeing. This could help rule out the battery but might point to the alternator (if it is suggested a faulty alt. don't bother ringing Mitzys spare parts, I will save you .40c and tell you they want $1800.00 from you.) Also check fan belts and all connections between battery, alt and earths. You can do most of this your self if you are handy on the tools.

Of coarse these things just love to show up over the Easter break. Good luck
              Last edited by RUGGA; 15-04-17, 01:05 PM.
              02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• Narvna
                • Mar 2017
                • Adelaide

thanks, i will check those out when i have time later today. no it still turns over the same

Comment

• Narvna
                  • Mar 2017
                  • Adelaide

Turns out my alternator was stuffed. When i checked the voltage of my alternator, it rose up to 15.6V so i suspected the regulator was playing up but i had to replace the whole alternator because it's inbuilt

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X