• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gaz1
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Blue Mountains NSW

I had nolathane bushes in the front of my NM and it was noticeably harsher after they were fitted. I wouldn't use them again.
    2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

• talltim40
      • Dec 2014
      • NT

Thanks Kiwi1973. I’ve already spend the cash got a couple of superpro bushes ($70) and genuine rear bushings ($67ish each). Someone else mentioned that MMA don’t sell the front 2 but rather the entire arm for abt $900; this is still the case.
      @PradoEater it’s the bolt that goes thru the bushing to the frame (not the ones that goes thru the diff. ). One is easy as pie to remove, the other one is blocked by the rear end of the fuel tank. Getting one shipped from japan for $13 then I’ll have another crack at the job. Got a pry bar set to help break the rear tail shaft from the diff. Should be all set.

Comment

• PradoEater
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2012
        • Oatley

They are firmer ride and you feel more of the bumps, only advantage is easy replacement and sharper steering/ control
        NT 2011 DiD 30th Anniversary Edition, factory RD Lock, Toyo RT 33”, PWR interCooler, PWR radiator, MRT EcuTek tune, OL Steel Loop Bar, VRS 9500, ARB Awning, Kings rear awning, Full bushkinz, HD lovells + Koni RAIDS, front & back nolathane, EGR Block, 52'' LED bar, Scan Gauge 2, Projecta 150A, Optima + Fullriver, ProVent 200, Airtec Snorkel, Beaudesert Exhaust.
        Towing 2015 New Age Manta Ray 19BC

Comment

• Bushboy
          • Dec 2011
          • Broken Hill, Australia

Tool to use ??

Hello everybody Fox Shooter, can’t fin that tool you recommend to use, eBay link suspect is old? Any help thanx 👍

Comment

• PradoEater
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2012
            • Oatley

Something like this https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/26Pc-Pre...parms=ispr%3D1
            NT 2011 DiD 30th Anniversary Edition, factory RD Lock, Toyo RT 33”, PWR interCooler, PWR radiator, MRT EcuTek tune, OL Steel Loop Bar, VRS 9500, ARB Awning, Kings rear awning, Full bushkinz, HD lovells + Koni RAIDS, front & back nolathane, EGR Block, 52'' LED bar, Scan Gauge 2, Projecta 150A, Optima + Fullriver, ProVent 200, Airtec Snorkel, Beaudesert Exhaust.
            Towing 2015 New Age Manta Ray 19BC

Comment

• sSoulGlo
              • Dec 2020
              • Brisbane

Had an interesting day trying to get the rear bushes done on my NS.

I’ve seen some videos where you can use a reciprocating air saw to cut the bushes out then push the new bush in by using a plate and a hammer. I didn’t have a saw so I used a mates dremel but that didn’t work. Kept chewing through discs and I couldn’t get the right angle. So after stuffing around with this for way too long I bit the bullet and bought a cheap cordless Ozito saw from Bunnings. This worked really well and I was able to chisel out the metal part of the bush.

Now as if that wasn’t hard enough trying to get the new bushes in with a plate and a hammer is a nightmare! I had the perfect plate which was an old 12mm thick pulley but hammering it in was excruciatingly hard. I got most of it in. The first half wasn’t too bad. Making about 1mm progress after each wracking session. The last 15mm was moving fractions of a millimetre at a time and I had to call it quits with about 10mm left to go. It was getting late and I had to put the kids to bed.

I was thinking about getting a longer M16 bolt and pulling the rest of the bush in with the plate. Does anyone know if this can ruin the tread in the diff housing?

Anyway, just thought I would share. Im not really looking forward to the other side. My arm is dead and if I had my time over I’d either buy the right tools for the job or get someone else to do it.

Cheers 🍻
              Last edited by sSoulGlo; 20-09-21, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• Two Emms
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2020
                • Mansfield, Vic

You can use a large vice as a press in a pinch. It's not ideal and, depending on the pressure required, may not be suitable. But it's worth a try.
                2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Toyo Open Country AT3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, Tanami x11, more to come...

Comment

• sSoulGlo
                  • Dec 2020
                  • Brisbane

I ended up getting one bush in all but 3mm to go. It was just way to hard to get in with a plate and hammer so I took it to the local mechanic to push it in properly and do the other side as well.

The mechanics ended up having to cut out the bush I put in. I had damaged it putting it in so he ended up putting the bush for the other side into the side I had started.

After he’d done this he gave me a call to ask me why I was replacing them. I told him that Fulcrum did a suspension check on the car and said they where cracked and needed replacing. My mechanic said there was nothing wrong with them and the cracks are superficial and don’t effect the performance.

He said it’s a constant augment he has with customers who come in after getting suspension checks.

I guess I should have gotten a second opinion or researched more before I wasted all that time and money 😂

Comment

• pracolas
                    • May 2014
                    • France

Guys, how to know if these rear diff bushes are worn out?
                    thanks!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X