• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr blue
    • May 2016
    • Victoria

Problem solved

A few years ago i bought a mk triton with a v6 shortly after owning it i found the snorkel was disconnected i reconnected it and got a stalling problem every time the throttle body would close when moving after some research on Google i found i needed a balance tube fitted a balance tube to the air box but got a surging problem tryed a range of snorkel heads and pre cleaners with no success, tryed putting the inlet of the balance tube in all different places like the head of the snorkel and out of the front grille with no success for years i tryed different combinations with no help from tuners or mechanics

But i think ive SOLVED!! the problem and have an explanation on why it surges i drilled a hole in the balance tube about an inch from the regulator about 3mm in diameter i found that to big a hole and it will stall and too small a hole and got the surging problem.

I believe the surging is a buffering effect from the balance tube being full of air and more is trying to get in like when you have your window down on the freeway and the hole eliviates the air

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X