X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBP
    • Oct 2007
    • Canberra

If I recall correctly you can read the codes by shorting pin 1 to ground on the diag port and read the flash sequence on some of the idiot lights. Which ones relate to abs escapes me right now. I will check my ellery manual and see if it is in there. The code is displayed as tens first followed by a pause then the ones, until all codes are displayed then a pause and it repeats. I think the tens flash slower than the one, something like 1 second vs .5. Or at least it was on my nl, need to check the np.
    A search will turn up the details on retrieving error codes without a mut reader.

Comment

• Mcgilvray au
      • Aug 2017
      • Queensland

Hi gents, so I came home last night from work and my wife has lost pretty much all power, so I replaced the alternator and still nothing, had a clicking noise in the ABS relays. Over the past few months the handbrake, traction and I think engine light have been turning on then will go off... so I was just wondering if this is the same thing as others have had, I haven't had any problems with the brakes.
      I drive a Gemini and a commodore, This is the misses car so sorry for sounding uneducated ��������
      Last edited by Mcgilvray au; 31-08-17, 11:49 PM. Reason: ...

Comment

• Ian kinross
        • Aug 2017
        • Portland NSW

Faulty HBB unit NM pajero

Hi I ordered a scanner from NZ to try and find the fault codes but didn't have to use it,all of a sudden the alarm went off and the abs and brake warning light were no more. Reconditioning the motor from the pump on the HBB unit fixed the problem. Many thanks for the input.

Comment

• Larry610
          • Aug 2015
          • Canada

Looking for an opinion from someone who has performed this operation.

I came across this

The repair shop here in Canada, can't tell me how much and how long a rebuild will take, Says it could take up to two weeks!
          I can't afford the down time, my wife needs to get the kids to school and herself to work. Fixing this on a weekend is ideal, but I'd need to have the replacement motor in hand.

Does this ebay motor look correct?

Thanks

Comment

• rykiel575
            • Sep 2017
            • Sydney

Hey Ian did you end up ordering the pump only part from overseas?
            2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

• brian_99
              • Jun 2013
              • Penrith, sydney

Motor rewind

Hi all.

In relation to the motir rewind. I found 1 person in sydney whi wanted to do this. He is in seven hills. $400 including brush monnutator and also the bearing.

Excellent service and 2days have it back.

Comment

• GJH
                • Apr 2016
                • Newcastle NSW

Originally posted by brian_99 View Post
                Hi all.

In relation to the motir rewind. I found 1 person in sydney whi wanted to do this. He is in seven hills. $400 including brush monnutator and also the bearing.

Excellent service and 2days have it back.
                Hi, can you tell me the name of the place in seven hills? Thanks, Gary

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Paj11
                  • Jun 2017
                  • Sydney

Originally posted by GJH View Post
                  Hi, can you tell me the name of the place in seven hills? Thanks, Gary

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Not back to next week.
                  ECU repair, ECU coding, data transfer. FRM repair , TCM repair, immobiliser removal sydney, immobiliser swap, ecu coding sydney , 1kzte repair surf ecu repair Fast repair of ABS module , Mazda ABS module, Suzuki Vitara ABS module, Landcruiser ABS , Holden ABS module repair , BMW Abs module repair , Mazda ABS module repair,ABS repair Sydney
                  Last edited by Paj11; 11-01-18, 05:03 PM. Reason: Edit
                  2011 30th Anniversary NT, TME Tuned, 2 inch Billies/Dobs lift HD rear/MD front. Arb Deluxe Bar, Mitsi Tow bar, LRA Aux tank, Clearview Mirrors, Tekonsha Electric Brake Controller, iDrive, Manta 3 inch Turbo back Exhaust, Provent Catch Can, Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus 265/70/17 all corners plus spare, 9 inch iluminators, 7 inch Stedi reverse flood light, Rhino Rack, Kings Side Awning.

Comment

• 01Montyltd
                    • Oct 2016
                    • Texas

Brake line connectors

Hi,

After my mechanic installed the new BB unit, the brake oil is leaking from the front two connectors.

Can anyone specify the size of these connectors or places to buy them?

Thanks.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• fieldmouse
                      • Mar 2009
                      • Newee Creek

BRAVO!@!!!!!! Your instructions were terrific, I tested the relays, thanks for the readings advice, they were fine, then bent my arm 32 ways to start tapping the motor and voila, lights n alarm off n brakes working!!! I can now be mobile again to sort out a repair option as you have outlined. Great instructions!

Comment

• benckj
                        Valued Member
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Alexandra , New Zealand

I have the exact problem with my brakes as described in this thread. Just seemed to occur overnight when not using vehicle. Only have 100k on clock so would not think my motor is stuffed. Time to break out the hammer and give the accumulator motor a few taps plus check fuses and relays. Hope mine is a simple fix.

Jim

Comment

• benckj
                          Valued Member
                          • Oct 2017

A few taps with metal bar got everything going again. Took for a drive and brakes worked fine. Decided to bleed system and replace fluid. While doing this the dam buzzer started again with all chrismas tree lights on!

Trying to decide- what next. From reading this thread it appears the motor is usual culprit. I can hear my motor turning now so not sure if mine is pump or accumulator problem. Nobody mentions mileage on their vehicle so unsure if this has a bearing in failure modes?

Comment

• spot01
                            Valued Member
                            • Apr 2011
                            • Adelaide

Originally posted by benckj View Post
                            A few taps with metal bar got everything going again. Took for a drive and brakes worked fine. Decided to bleed system and replace fluid. While doing this the dam buzzer started again with all chrismas tree lights on!

Trying to decide- what next. From reading this thread it appears the motor is usual culprit. I can hear my motor turning now so not sure if mine is pump or accumulator problem. Nobody mentions mileage on their vehicle so unsure if this has a bearing in failure modes?
                            Important to diagnose the fault properly, so you don't end up replacing one part only to find its another part that is the culprit.
                            Firstly, determine whether the fault is in the HBB assembly or the electrics that power/control it. By hitting it & getting it going again it still may be something else nearby, eg, the relay, that the shockwave freed up (some people have had issues with the relay - I think rust inside was mentioned?). Try tapping the relay. Then there are fusible links, dodgy connections, etc. to consider - if you have a meter, check power is still getting to the HBB when it has stopped & that there isn't too much voltage drop.
                            Have you checked in the online manual for a diagnosis procedure?
                            Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• benckj
                              Valued Member
                              • Oct 2017

I have check the online manual but only to simply read through. I’m trying to diagnosis the problem as you indicated but problem keeps going away. No rust or corrosion issues on my truck and generally have no moisture issues where I live. Need to get my head around all the parts and check each until problem identified.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

• benckj
                                Valued Member
                                • Oct 2017

I brought the vehicle into my local Misti dealer today for diagnosis. Believe it will be the HBB motor as when tapped it comes back to life. May still be a pump problem but that seems unlikely so best to be prepared for motor repair/replacement.

Made some inquires this morning and can't find anyone in NZ who will repair this motor. My options as I see it will be;

1/ Buy new from Mitsi $$$$
                                2/ Get second hand unit $$$
                                3/ Buy new motor from US site $$
                                4/ Have repaired in OZ $

This is the eBay motor from a Montero that I think is essentially the same. Will confirm once mine is removed.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X