• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Notso35
    • Jan 2017
    • Mooroolbark

2004 MK Triton stereo upgrade questions

Hey guys,

hoping someone here has upgraded their stereo in an MK triton. Will the 14-pin Aerpro AP0111 wiring harness work? I can't find any harnesses specifically for MK models, only for ML onwards.

Any advise appreciated, cheers!
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Should be the same as PA Challenger. Upgraded my stereo in the Challenger to a Pioneer unit. Pretty sure I used this adapter although it was quite a few years ago.
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• OldEmmGee
      • Jan 2016
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by Notso35 View Post
      Hey guys,

hoping someone here has upgraded their stereo in an MK triton. Will the 14-pin Aerpro AP0111 wiring harness work? I can't find any harnesses specifically for MK models, only for ML onwards.

Any advise appreciated, cheers!
      The older mitsis all use the 14-way connector - the Triton didn't change over to the new style (18 & 20 way) until 2012 or so (from memory) - when they came available with the MMCS audio systems......
      2018 PS; King Springs on rear; Nudgebar; Hardkorr lightbar; rear storage inc Aux battery/Redarc BCDC; Provent EGR filter; Rear diff breather; reversing floodlight; MSA mirrors for towing a Bailey caravan....rarely....

Comment

• Notso35
        • Jan 2017
        • Mooroolbark

Thanks mate, just bought one from super cheap auto, I will see how it goes and report back for future reference for others.

Comment

• Notso35
          • Jan 2017
          • Mooroolbark

UPDATE: For future reference the 14 pin ISO harness from aerpro does work with the MK tritons! Got the head unit and reverse camera working nicely! Very happy with it

Comment

• greybeard
            • Jan 2008
            • WA

What sort of stereo did you end up fitting and if you did speakers as well, what sort/model did you use?

Comment

• Notso35
              • Jan 2017
              • Mooroolbark

Originally posted by greybeard View Post
              What sort of stereo did you end up fitting and if you did speakers as well, what sort/model did you use?
              Got an Eonon D1205Z and reversing camera off ebay for about $300 combined. Limited options when looking for single din unit with screen. Left the stock speakers for the moment, my main reasons for changing were stock radio was a bit buggered and wanted a reversing camera. In the future I might swap out the speakers.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X