• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kipajero
    • Aug 2015
    • SA

Pajero 3.5 6G74 NM 2000 Oil leak

Hi,
    I have a 2000 Pajero 3.5 6G74 NM at 287000 km.
    Its been 5 years since I own it. When I bought it, there was a small oil leak coming from somewhere under the engine but didn’t poses any problem. Recently oil leak has increased, stil nothing more than 10 drops a week but looks like it will get worst . There is no issue other than oil leak .If there is chance to have it repair and continue to use, it would be great .
    So my question is, is it a good idea to have it repaired. If yes do you have any mechanic recommendation for me. Located at Glenelg North SA.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Kipajero; 17-04-19, 05:00 PM.
  • HeavyPizzaz
    Valued Member
    • May 2017
    • Sydney

I would say if it’s dripping too frequently so as to prevent you from getting rego each year then get it fixed. If it’s still getting rego and you can keep the oil off your driveway and you’re happy to keep topping it up then maybe save the coin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Kipajero
      • Aug 2015
      • SA

No issue with the rego but yes stains on the driveway.
      Still would be good to know if it is worth to have it repaired ?
      Thanks.
      Last edited by Kipajero; 17-04-19, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• dean
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007

Mine has had a minor leak for many years and is reported as fix if annoying.
        Get a mechanic to check it out.
        Dean
        NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.

Comment

• Kipajero
          • Aug 2015
          • SA

Originally posted by dean View Post
          Mine has had a minor leak for many years and is reported as fix if annoying.
          Get a mechanic to check it out.
          Dean
          A mechanic inspected about six months ago but couldn't find the source of the leak, gave me a lubricant to mix with the engine oil but didnt help.

I like to have another mechanic to have a look at it but I dont want to leave the Pajero there for another two days for no result. Thats why I was also seeking for mechanic recommendation.
          Kip.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X