• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goodsy
    Who ya gunna call....
    • Dec 2010
    • Hervey Bay

I've had a $99 GMC unit for 10 years. Use it now and then and has never let me down.
    More go than works new $300 Gerni which already has busted wheels(cheap plastic). Maybe I just got lucky with a cheapy.
    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• NTX
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2010
      • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Originally posted by TRyan4 View Post
      Matt a Stihl IS an Alto. I had an alto for about 8years,and for the last 2 yrs when still on but not using, it would "grunt" every few seconds indicating a pressure cutout problem. I then bought a base model Stihl [$300] and the second time I used it,less than 2 weeks, it started to grunt. Long story short over 12 mths they spent 16 workshop hours on my $300 machine,they replaced "everything" they said.worked OK for a while, now occasionly wont start at all. I think I got me a lemon!
      G'day Ryan,

Are you sure of the stihl alto connection, I thought they were bought by Gerni? My stihl would weigh half as much again as the alto. I did have a look at product review and could see that at least one bloke had bought the model up from mine for his business and it was doing what my old alto would do. He had it repaired and numerous dealings with stihl to get it sorted, but wanted his money back and was seriously pissed off. I cant complain about mine, its awesome. I would push to have your unit replaced Ryan, especially if you suspect a lemon, stihl have a good name, Im sure they will want to keep it that way. Go onto product review and bag them, Ive seen reps get on there to sort things out for various different products, they don't like bad press!

Matt.

P.S Ryan I do have to admit, now that I put my thinking cap on, I kept my 90 degree adjustable nossle from the alto and it kind of fits the stihl. Its not a perfect fit but good enough...hmm
      2009 NT Pajero. SWB X ARB Sahara bar. Xray HID converted Spot lights. Mickey Thompson STZ 265/60 R18. Unicorn Performance upgraded Intercooler. NP 16" rims under house, still no rubber! Rhino sports racks and Rhino aluminium basket and bag.

Comment

• schnitzel
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2009
        • Bendigo

Originally posted by TheTaipan View Post
        Schnitzel, Spitwater and all the cheapies in the industrial side usually run cheaper pumps such as Hawk or General, some run cheap Chinese copies. The better brands run Interpump and occasionally Cat pumps. All the above pumps have a crankshaft, conrods and pistons.

Karcher, Kew and Gerni each run their own axial type pumps.

All the domestic run axial pumps except for one made by interpump and sold under different brands.

The interpump domestic unit is not cheap as it isn't made to a price.

You always get what you pay for.
        Agree totally with you taipan, but for the price i paid for the spitfire I'm not complaining.

A large truck company threw it out when it stopped working turned out to be a simple stuck valve that took me a couple of hours to figure out and now is used for cleaningat the shop.

Gerni and karcher arlec et al, have been through plenty of those over the years and work on getting about 2 years out of them before they die and none have failed to disappoint me yet as that is about all i get out of them.

I used to buy the really good industrial units for washing the trucks i.e $3g and up but found that the abuse they received and the lack of respect for equipment by drivers it was cheaper in the long run to buy throwaways at $300 each and replace them regularly.
        the cheaper ones just didnt last any time at all.
        Current vehicles: 2017 Toyota Hilux, 2022 Hyundai Kona,2022 VW T-Cross1995 3.5l nj Pajero , 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 , 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495,chamberlain g6 plus a few other odds and ends

Comment

• barney351
          • Nov 2011
          • Sth East,Vic

Hey scoteye
          I was at a trade show yesterday and had a look through the gerni range while mentioning the failure of mine,the new range looks to be better value for money, so this could mean for you,
          some end of range deals,
          or I'm told, an improved new range to pick from.
          I'm at the local bunnings now, but the young guy at the counter has no idea between units or when the new range is coming out.
          I shall keep my ear to the ground
          Cheers barny

Comment

• dolphin
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2008

i went for the good old Gerni as i has a metal pump body as opposed to the Karcher that is Plastic crap.
            NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• TRyan4
              • Mar 2010
              • Dubbo, Central West NSW

Originally posted by NTX View Post
              G'day Ryan,

Are you sure of the stihl alto connection, I thought they were bought by Gerni? My stihl would weigh half as much again as the alto. I did have a look at product review and could see that at least one bloke had bought the model up from mine for his business and it was doing what my old alto would do. He had it repaired and numerous dealings with stihl to get it sorted, but wanted his money back and was seriously pissed off. I cant complain about mine, its awesome. I would push to have your unit replaced Ryan, especially if you suspect a lemon, stihl have a good name, Im sure they will want to keep it that way. Go onto product review and bag them, Ive seen reps get on there to sort things out for various different products, they don't like bad press!

Matt.

P.S Ryan I do have to admit, now that I put my thinking cap on, I kept my 90 degree adjustable nossle from the alto and it kind of fits the stihl. Its not a perfect fit but good enough...hmm
              The dealer admitted it after I pointed out my Alto attachments fitted! They also decided that because I'm in construction that I only had a 3 mnth warranty although i was only using it for domestic use .After pointing out a couple of options that I may have had as a disgruntled consumer, Stihl decided to fix my machine as an "act of good faith",pity they didn't quite get there

Comment

• TheTaipan
                Banned
                • Jan 2009
                • sydney

Originally posted by TRyan4 View Post
                The dealer admitted it after I pointed out my Alto attachments fitted! They also decided that because I'm in construction that I only had a 3 mnth warranty although i was only using it for domestic use .After pointing out a couple of options that I may have had as a disgruntled consumer, Stihl decided to fix my machine as an "act of good faith",pity they didn't quite get there

Mate, lots of attachments will fit a number of brands,

Kerrick, Warwick, Spitwater, RefinEquip, Jetblaster will normally fit each other.

Karcher, Gerni and Kew being the odd ones out.

The early Warwick machines came out of England and were monsters. They are now sourced out of Italy.

With Karcher you had to buy their HP hoses as the fitting was a weird thread, they knew how to charge you for them as to.

Enzed finally were able to come up with the correct fitting and made a killing selling the HP hose at half the price of Karcher.

Comment

• TheTaipan
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2009
                  • sydney

This would be the best domestic pressure cleaner on the market. Not cheap but the best.

Weighs 22KG.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• achjimmy
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2009
                    • Blue Mtns

I still have a Gerni I bought 2nd hand 15 years ago. It's got a handle on top weighs a bit and uses a swashplate pump I think? Has the dip stick on top. All the coating has rusted off the hose.

You just need to be careful cleaning the car. Pressure cleaners cause there fair share of grief if used carelessly.
                    Travel safe

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
                    MY10 Pajero Platnium with bits now sold to Spiderpig.
                    99 Rodeo TD dual cab.

Comment

• Dion
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2010
                      • Brisbane

I've had a few Karchers, still have one for light duties. My current one is an older Lavor GT20. What TheTaipan wrote earlier is the best advice - its a combination of pressure and flow. The Lavor I have puts out slightly less PSI than my old Karcher but significantly more flow (1885psi, 7.5L/min). As a result it is much better cleaner.

I have acres of concrete around my place and have been looking on and off for something a bit better. I want to stay with electric to avoid maintenance of a petrol. Was looking at the Lavor Extra25 which does 2100psi and 8.5L/min. Recommendations for something better? Up to $1000 would be my budget.

I only use my pressure washer on the Pajero to drive a foam gun and an specific underbody cleaner. The Lavor eats it for higher duty stuff e.g. cleaning concrete.
                      2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
                        Valued Member
                        • Feb 2012
                        • Maitland, NSW

Was just looking at the jetusa petrol models, one I'm looking at currently is a 7hp 3000psi(adjustable) at 14ltr/min flowrate and comes with a 25mtr hose and reel and agr machinary are doing some good prices on them at the moment for around $350.
                        Anyone had one before? Going by what I've read they are a half decent setup and cost around $600 retail.
                        97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
                        97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

• Scoteye
                          Valued Member
                          • Jan 2012
                          • Armidale, NSW

I settled on the $199 Gerni Haven't used it yet but will post back when i have.
                          03 NP GLX 3.5 // 5 Speed Sports Auto - ECB 76mm Nudge Bar, Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventures, Towbar, Brake Controller, Rino track system, Ebay Basket, Narva 100w Compacts
                          SOLD: 91 NH GLX: NH/NL Grey GLS upgrade, P/windows, 31's, B/Bar, racks, hella's.

Comment

• Dion
                            Valued Member
                            • May 2010
                            • Brisbane

Originally posted by Pauly Faulkner View Post
                            Was just looking at the jetusa petrol models, one I'm looking at currently is a 7hp 3000psi(adjustable) at 14ltr/min flowrate and comes with a 25mtr hose and reel and agr machinary are doing some good prices on them at the moment for around $350.
                            Anyone had one before? Going by what I've read they are a half decent setup and cost around $600 retail.
                            Where have you read they're half decent?

Everything I've ready about AGR Machinery says run away from them.

Many stories of stuff falling apart after a couple of uses, stalling tactics when warranty claims lodged, claims of "parts only" warranties, stuff catching fire etc etc.

I would put your money towards an entry level Karcher/Honda unit from Bunnings for around $700 (I think). There's no way that JetUSA unit is doing 3800psi at 14lpm.
                            2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

• TheTaipan
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2009
                              • sydney

Originally posted by Pauly Faulkner View Post

There is no way a 7HP motor will do 3,000PSI @ 14 litres and Honda don't do a 7HP, it is 6.5HP. The Max you can get from the 6.5 is around 2,200PSI @ 13 litres.

To get 3,000PSI at 15 litres you need the 11HP Honda.

You said the price for Jetusa is around $350, can't be done mate.

Factor in the cost.

Genuine Honda motor. The genuine 6.5HP retails here for around $550. There are Chinese knock offs available, at what price I don't know..
                              HP pump.
                              30 metres HP hose.
                              Lance.
                              Gun.
                              Fittings.
                              Unloader valve.
                              Frame.

PS Paully, did you get my PM?

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
                                Valued Member
                                • Feb 2012
                                • Maitland, NSW

I read through that already just the other day dion, 90% of their issues is with the cheap nasty electrical gear and they are only an hour or two drive from me so any warranty issues can be dealt with easily in person but thanks for the link and the pre warning
                                If you search for the jet usa pressure washers and not agr in general you'll come across more pro then con.
                                With 99% positive rating with well over 100,000 items sold online they're are doing ok imo. A friend of mine bought a cheap electric washer off them and had no issue with the doa claim, well it wasn't dead it was just a broken fitting, replacement unit is still going strong and can't fault it really, it does what any other cheap supercheap auto, bunnings job does

Thanks for the swift reply taipan, much appreciated.
                                Yes I got your pm and had a look around for them and other models, they seem like a top notch bit of gear but unfortunately I don't have the cash to splash, if I did then no questions asked I would be chasing down a unit.

The specs for the model I'm getting are 3000psi working pressure (3900max/peak) with a flow rating of 12ltr/min (not 14, sorry). Axiel pump with alloy head, get what I pay for I suppose but I just can't afford the top shelf items and it's only for domestic use. The $200 karcher I had broke down a month after warranty and now just pulses on and off constantly with no pressure out the nozzle, I always bled out the air and turned it off when I was finished. Only used it around a dozen times
                                The jet usa has a 12mth warranty and the pump itself has a 2yr warranty so I'll see how I go.
                                97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
                                97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X