• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dion
    Valued Member
    • May 2010
    • Brisbane

Sandgrabba mats - rubber or carpet?

Has anyone got the carpet sandgrabba mats in their Paj? Are they a pain to keep clean?

I'm debating which set to order. Wife is concerned the rubber ones will look a bit too 'rough', but I want them for ease of cleaning. If the carpet finish (trapmat) is still easy to clean then we'll go with them ...
    2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.
  • DGM
    • Oct 2007
    • SE Melb

Hi Dion,

I have both the MMA carpet and MMA rubber ones on the front and back. I have them both in all the time, so it protects the original carpet, plus the rubber ones correct all the junk. Maybe a bit of overkill but I find it OK.
    Last edited by DGM; 28-09-10, 10:45 PM.
    Duncan
    ------------------------------------------------------
    MY21 NX GLS not much done to it yet, catch can, uhf

2007 NS VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, ARB Bar, Warn winch, IPFs, Dual Bat, GME TX3440 UHF, Custom rear storage, BFGs, Suspension upgrade

Comment

• Ranger J
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Perth, Western Australia

I've got a pair of moulded sandgrabba's in the front of my NP.

They are more of a plastic/vinyl than rubber.

One of the most underrated aftermarket fitments I've done, I love them!
      NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

• Bernoulli
        • Jun 2007
        • Oregon, USA

Depending on the climate, I've had problems with condensation under rubber/plastic mats.
        89 3.0L 5Spd SWB Raider in NW USA

Comment

• Kronos
          • Jun 2009
          • Adelaide

I have the moulded sandgrabbers in my Exceed - one of the best accessories I have fitted to date. Easy to remove and clean and I keep my Mitsu mats for "special" occasions.
          09 Diesel NT Exceed

Comment

• mrnobody
            • Jul 2014
            • Australia

Originally posted by DGM View Post
            Hi Dion,

I have both the MMA carpet and MMA rubber ones on the front and back. I have them both in all the time, so it protects the original carpet, plus the rubber ones correct all the junk. Maybe a bit of overkill but I find it OK.
            I have the MMA rubber mats in my NW and I'm not overly impressed. The rear mat seems good. However the front passengers could be slightly bigger as it leaves a gap that could easily become dirty. The drivers mat is of more concern as the mat does not cover the left foot rest - the common place to rest your left foot when driving an auto. I don't have an alternative to suggest, but I'll add to the discussion what I can.

Cheers!

Comment

• 02-SR5
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2010
              • Toowoomba

I would trade the carpet for a moulded rubber like you use to get in poverty pack 4wd's in a hart beat.

IFKN hate carpet in a 4wd. Especially with kids and Fraser Island.

I believe the FJ still has it from the factory.
              MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• 4wd26
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2007
                • Bayside, Brisbane & Stradie

I have the sandgrabba vinyl matts, they are great and I leave them in all the time. Great for sand General wear and tear

I have the factory matts, yes they look good/ better but they don't protect for my lifestyle as well

In regard to the sandgrabba carpet, well in my opinion they will protect just as well, but won't allow things to be cleaned as easily

Why are you trying to please, yourself for ease, wife for vanity
                Only you wi know that answer- the matts themselves are great
                ML triton with some accessories
                National E Trek Libary
                Getting Out There

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X