• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Garygls
    • Jun 2007
    • Rockhampton

Fuel additive

Hi all, i am using the diesel fuel additive Chemtec.Just traveled from Mt.Isa to Bundaberg to Brisbane. I was filling with woolies fuel & it always foamed up {badly} hardly got a full tank & left a very sooty exhaust pipe & you could see the black fumes between gear changes.

Changed to BP diesel fuel almost no problems with foaming & with the Chemtec additive the exhaust pipe is clean as a petrol car. I am very happy with this combination, got 1050Klm's for the 90ltr tank loaded for holidays, but i always got around the 1000Klm's on the highway.
    Dual Battery
    80Ltr Waeco
    91Ltr Longrange Tank
    3" Lovells/Bilstein
    3” Exhaust
    Winch
    NP 05 DID
  • obione_98
    • Jun 2007
    • Brisbane

Interesting. I always thought that all diesel fuel in Australia came from just a couple of refineries - and anyway the fuel distributors get it from the one source in each major port/distribution centre.

Does any 'insider' know about the fuel distribution networks in country Queensland/Australia?

Comment

• Sandgroper
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Perth

I was of the same opinion obione 98.
      Years ago I did some work at the Shell refinery in Brisbane and was told that all petrol stations in Brisbane were supplied by only two refineries, Shell and Mobil.

Sandgroper.
      NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X