Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

For all of us who've been impatiently waiting.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Outbound Brown
    • Dec 2010
    • Gold Coast

Thanks for posting. Ours was put on this arvo. Will pick up tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04 NP Exceed - Lovell 2" lift, LR tank, ARB Bull bar, Rhino roof track, Hankook AT, Airtec snorkel, 2nd battery, Bushskinz sump guard, rusty IPF spotties

16 NX GLS - Bilstein / Lovell 2" lift, Airbags, Bushskinz side steps and intercooler / sump guards, TJM Bull bar, Airtec Snorkel, GME TX3550, Illuminator 9" LED spotties, 17" NS alloys BFG 265/70/17 AT, Rhino Pioneer platform, Frontier LR fuel tank

Comment

• geopaj
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Adelaide

If you're really worried about clearance and departure angle, you might find my aux tank interesting. It has a usable capacity of 80Ltrs (therefore a vehicle total of 170ltrs) and is installed in the rear seat well. This suits me perfectly as I don't ever use the 3rd row seats and have drawers installed.

Only drawback is it was custom made - but I reakon that would still be less than what people are paying for ARB or other tanks??

It uses a 'standard/commercial' dual filler from Brown Davies (or maybe LRA? - I forget) and a solid state fuel pump to transfer fuel into the main tank.
      Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• Hazpet
        • May 2014
        • Mandurah

G'day Peter..Any chance of some photo's as I'm interested in getting one. Thanks.. Peter
        2014 NW VR-X, Ironbark. Dual battery, Off Road Downunder tray, Redarc BCDC1225LV, 92ah AGM, Projector dual battery moniter, Rhino racks & rod holders, ARB awning, MMA steel bar, MMA towbar package, Half rear wheel cover & lift kit, Xray vision 10led bar, Uniden UH 8080NB CB, Tint a car tint, Rear shelf, 40l Engel & slide, Blackvue in car video, Baintech power panel, Scan guage, ARB compressor, Rodezi rod holders, Sports grill, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guard & various other bits & pieces.

Comment

• Outbound Brown
          • Dec 2010
          • Gold Coast

So as mentioned previously, the tank sits 27 mm lower than plastic guard on factory tank. The factory tank sits about 17mm above transmission cross member - Frontier tank is about 10mm below.
          Of the first two photos - one is showing how much it sits below the transmission crossmember. What isn't obvious in the photo, is the front of tank sweeps up to prevent it catching, otherwise the edges are square. That may have implications for some depending on the terrain they drive.

The second shows a side on view. The black bar with the shiny strip is the Buskskinz side step.

We went for a quick test camp on Saturday when I took the third photo. You can see the tank just sitting below the side step.

The real test starts next week.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Outbound Brown; 22-05-17, 09:50 PM. Reason: photos didnt load
          04 NP Exceed - Lovell 2" lift, LR tank, ARB Bull bar, Rhino roof track, Hankook AT, Airtec snorkel, 2nd battery, Bushskinz sump guard, rusty IPF spotties

16 NX GLS - Bilstein / Lovell 2" lift, Airbags, Bushskinz side steps and intercooler / sump guards, TJM Bull bar, Airtec Snorkel, GME TX3550, Illuminator 9" LED spotties, 17" NS alloys BFG 265/70/17 AT, Rhino Pioneer platform, Frontier LR fuel tank

Comment

• Hazpet
            • May 2014
            • Mandurah

Outbound Brown...Thanks for the photo's, they show what I was interested in. my days of hard core 4wd driving are over, now more interested in a longer range with out carrying jerry cans.

Peter
            2014 NW VR-X, Ironbark. Dual battery, Off Road Downunder tray, Redarc BCDC1225LV, 92ah AGM, Projector dual battery moniter, Rhino racks & rod holders, ARB awning, MMA steel bar, MMA towbar package, Half rear wheel cover & lift kit, Xray vision 10led bar, Uniden UH 8080NB CB, Tint a car tint, Rear shelf, 40l Engel & slide, Blackvue in car video, Baintech power panel, Scan guage, ARB compressor, Rodezi rod holders, Sports grill, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guard & various other bits & pieces.

Comment

• Garc
              • May 2015
              • Perth

ARB tank before & after

Photos of ARB tank versus standard tank. Taken from me sitting on the ground.
              I went for this tank as it keeps the weight forward and down low even though there is some loss in ramp over angle but it retains rear departure angle. As always, there are pluses and minus's.
              Attached Files
              Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

• 2bad4u
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2009
                • Perth, Western Australia

Thread resurrection......

I’m a hypocrite, page 1 I said what a waste but have changed my mind. Got a quote today to have one fitted for $1770 plus fuel to fill.

Question regarding trip computers and distance to empty, has anyone ended up getting it recalibrated or do you just live with the inaccuracy? And if you did recalibrate, how is it done?

Cheers
                Warren
                2012 NW DiD Activ - Retired
                2023 Nissan Y62 Patrol Ti

Comment

• Garc
                  • May 2015
                  • Perth

I asked at MM service - they said No cannot reprogram. BUT I find DTE gets fairly accurate below half full. For example yellow light comes on when I have 20 litres in the tank (based on full refill amount) and the DTE at that point has gone below 50kms. So really plenty more than 50kms to go but good information.
                  NOTE mine is an NS so later versions may be different.
                  The only issue is a really big impact on the gauge when the tanks has less than half ful and is parked nose down a hill for some time - the gauge will go down to nearly empty! But it slowly recovers when level again. Scared the hell out of me first time it happened in the bush!
                  Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

• 2bad4u
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2009

Got my tank fitted today and happy with the results. You can see from the attached photos that the original tank (the photo with the measuring square in it) at its lowest point sat almost level with the cross member (including the guard) whereas the Frontier tank sits level or just below, the cross member and is flat all the way through.

To me it does appear to be a bit more exposed for potential damage, but it would depend on your driving. I don't generally go 4wd over rocks so not concerned about that side of things and I think an auxiliary tank at the rear is probably more exposed. The ground clearance is irrelevant as I had a lift kit fitted at the same time. One advantage I see with this tank over others is the extra weight is forward of the rear axle which is important to me for my towing.

So I will see how it goes and report back. I have a trip coming up soon so will be able to test out the extra range too.
                    Attached Files
                    Warren

Comment

• ant_schomacker
                      • Feb 2017
                      • Coen (Cape York)

Hey guys

Has anyone come across any issues with these tanks now that they’ve had them for a while?

I’m starting to look into fuel options ahead of a Simpson trip next year, and while I’ve got jerrys I can take storage space is not likely to be my friend there (2A+2c under 5 in car).

Cheers
                      Ant

Comment

• 2bad4u
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2009

Haven't had mine long, but no issues so far. Still getting used to not having an accurate DTE displayed on the trip computer. Feels like I'm back in 1980 having to reset my trip meter and work out how far I've got left
                        Warren

Comment

• Ian H
                          Valued Member
                          • May 2015
                          • Melbourne

I notice in the recent issue of RV Daily (034) that they have the ARB tank mentioned as follows:

If you like to go the distance in you Mitsubishi Pajero, you no longer have to worry about running out of fuel thanks to ARB’s new long-range Frontier fuel tank. The Frontier offers a 58 percent increase in fuel capacity, so you will now be able to get 100 litres out of a tank – great news for remote travellers! The tanks are a seamless, one-piece tank shaped to fit the underbody of your vehicle without affecting ground clearance, and made from Crosslink Polymer, a durable, flexible and lightweight material that will withstand the harshest off-road conditions.

I'd like to know who taught them maths. An extra 40L isn't a 58% increase and the capacity is 128L, not 100.
                          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• nj swb
                            Resident
                            • Jun 2007
                            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                            I notice in the recent issue of RV Daily (034) that they have the ARB tank mentioned as follows:

If you like to go the distance in you Mitsubishi Pajero, you no longer have to worry about running out of fuel thanks to ARB’s new long-range Frontier fuel tank. The Frontier offers a 58 percent increase in fuel capacity, so you will now be able to get 100 litres out of a tank – great news for remote travellers! The tanks are a seamless, one-piece tank shaped to fit the underbody of your vehicle without affecting ground clearance, and made from Crosslink Polymer, a durable, flexible and lightweight material that will withstand the harshest off-road conditions.

I'd like to know who taught them maths. An extra 40L isn't a 58% increase and the capacity is 128L, not 100.
                            Perhaps they mean Pajero Sport?
                            NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Ian H
                              Valued Member
                              • May 2015
                              • Melbourne

Quite possible, I hadn't thought of that but it does just say Pajero.
                              2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• DDG39
                                • Dec 2018
                                • Happy Valley SA

Howdy Y'all

I've been the proud new owner of a 2012 NW platinum for two days now.
                                But of an off topic question.

From reading through here I gather the standard tank runs on the drivers side fwd to after.
                                Looks as though I've got a tank just in front of the rear bar, doesn't look aftermarket. Would anyone know if this is standard fitment?
                                With two tanks are they joined or would there likely be a switch I haven't found yet to switch between tanks?
                                Cheers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X