X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newbee
    • Sep 2019
    • qld

Thanks for the information, dats good to know about the drivelines.

I think a lot of ppl here own the NM/NP so there might be bias. My assumption was based on the poll i saw in this forum regarding the best model of Pajero. I know every model has some issues and but its good to know that once those issues has been fixed they are reliable.

Do you think the newer models Post 2010 might be better and more reliable? Factoring the pump replacement/conditioning cost 5000/3500 which would anyways spend, I could stretch my budget.

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

Post 2007 (the NS model) it was a different injection pump and apparently (I hope so at least) the pump doesn't give normally problems.

Comment

• Terryo
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Where ever we are parked, traveling full time

Originally posted by newbee View Post
        Thanks for the information, dats good to know about the drivelines.

I think a lot of ppl here own the NM/NP so there might be bias. My assumption was based on the poll i saw in this forum regarding the best model of Pajero. I know every model has some issues and but its good to know that once those issues has been fixed they are reliable.

Do you think the newer models Post 2010 might be better and more reliable? Factoring the pump replacement/conditioning cost 5000/3500 which would anyways spend, I could stretch my budget.
        Don't know your situation but if I was buying one now I would be trying to get the newest model with the lowest KM's I could afford.
        If I knew then what I know now I still would have bought my NP, the only thing different I would have done was stretch to a manual rather than the auto as that has cost me more than the fuel pump. Had mine about 12 years now and overall it has been great and looking forward to another 4 or 5 years yet. Should be getting close to 600K by then.
        2015 NX GLX DiD,MM Steel bullbar, Ultimate Suspension 2” lift, King 9’ LED driving lights, Uniden UHF, TJM underbody protection, Engine Watchdog. Munji EGR delete cable.Dual battery. Ultra Guage, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter. KAON Cargo barrier. Drifta drawer and fridge slide. MM4x4 Automate Pro. In tow,Track Trailer T van.

Previously
        NH 1992 GLS 3.0 V6 13 years
        NP 2005 GLX 3.2 DiD 12 years

Comment

• newbee
          • Sep 2019
          • qld

Thanks @ Terryo for the information, it really helps.
          Dats good to hear your pajero has touched 600K.

Comment

• pharb
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2007
            • Tyers,Vic

Originally posted by Terryo View Post
            Don't know your situation but if I was buying one now I would be trying to get the newest model with the lowest KM's I could afford.
            If I knew then what I know now I still would have bought my NP, the only thing different I would have done was stretch to a manual rather than the auto as that has cost me more than the fuel pump. Had mine about 12 years now and overall it has been great and looking forward to another 4 or 5 years yet. Should be getting close to 600K by then.

Just re auto 'boxes - just replaced transmission in my son's ML with a second hand unit. Couldn't find one for ML so had to use one out of a late MN, needing to change over bellhousing, sump and wiring loom from transmission to chassis.

Triton transmissions all seemed to cost from $900 to $1200. However the 5 speed version of this transmission out of Gen 3 Pajeros (most components the same except for addition of another planetary set in rear of housing, output shaft and valve body) all seemed to be about half that cost.

I even conteplated using a 5 speed and using the $ differennce to fund the tiptronic type gear shift, the wiring, the trans ecu.......but I was worried about more unknowns that would need changed as well.
            PCOV Member 1107.
            Daily driver NX GLX
            Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
            Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
            Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X