• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SteveD
    • Jul 2015
    • Charters Towers Qld

Airbag Install

Hi all

I am about to install a set Airbag man airbags. As the airlines are a bottom entry I was wondering if anyone else has installed these and if you have some advice on where to run the airlines to minimise any chance of damaging them. If you have some pics that be awesome.

Thanks in advance
    2013 VRX manual. ARB deluxe bull bar. Light force 50W HID driving lights. GME UHF. Redarc 200amp changeover solenoid.
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

I,m getting a set of coil rite heavy duty ones from the same bloke. These have the valve on top(according to pictures). Have tried to google "air bag install"?

There are some you tube clips on different vehicles
    Last edited by Dicko1; 31-08-16, 08:05 PM.
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• dhula
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2012
      • South of Perth

There are instructions in the box. If you google images of "pajero rear airbag" you'll get a couple of hits which may help.
      I'll take a few pics of how I've run the hoses on our airbag man (the blue firestone ones) bags on our Paj to add to the collection on the weekend.
      2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
      2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• SteveD
        • Jul 2015
        • Charters Towers Qld

Thanks Shula

That would be appreciated.
        2013 VRX manual. ARB deluxe bull bar. Light force 50W HID driving lights. GME UHF. Redarc 200amp changeover solenoid.

Comment

• SteveD
          • Jul 2015
          • Charters Towers Qld

Sorry dhula.... Damn auto correct spelling !!!!

Comment

• dhula
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2012
            • South of Perth

Here are the pics from how I've run my hoses for the airbagman (Blue firestone) install I did a few weeks back.

Looking at the pics from L to R (If you hover over the pics, they are numbered)

The following is for the passenger side rear.

1. Looking up at the underside of lower arm you can see the underside of the bag where the hose goes into the bag through the hole in the lower arm. If you follow the instructions in the box and watch the airbagman video you should have the hose hanging out of the bottom of the arm. The next step is to poke the hose in through the arm towards the shock.
            2. Looking at the shock facing towards the front of the car. The hose should come out of the arm at the shock end. This can be a little fiddly but can be done without having to take the wheel off (taking the wheel off might make it easier). I chose to run the hose behind the shock to give it some protection from road debris.
            3. Looking up and towards the rear of the car you can see where the brake hose is mounted to it's bracket. I personally do not like zip tying anything to brake hoses so chose to zip tie the airbag hose to the bracket. The airbag hose then goes up and over the top of the upper spring perch
            4. Looking up at the exhaust. The airbag hose then goes rearwards towards the 3rd seat well. There is a heat shield which the airbag hose sit behind to give it some protection from the exhaust
            5. Looking up middle of the 3rd seat well. The airbag hose then goes behind the strengthening bracket for the 3rd seat well
            Attached Files
            Last edited by dhula; 03-09-16, 08:35 PM.
            2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.

Comment

• dhula
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2012
              • South of Perth

following on from the above psot

6. Looking up at the dvrs side front corner of the 3rd seat well. The pass side airbag hose meets the dvrs side airbag hose roughly at the corner of the 3rd row seat well and then head towards the rear of the Paj. The dvrs side hose is done in a similar fashion as the pass side hose before it meets here.
              7. Looking up dvrs side of 3rd seat well. The hoses continue to run towards the rear of the Paj
              8. Looking up at dvrs rear corner of 3rd seat well. The hoses continue to run rearwards

I don't have any pics after this as the hoses simply feed into the rear bumper where I've drilled a couple of holes for the valves. I zip tied the hoses to the towbar for security.

Hope all that helps a bit but if you need more info, let me know
              Attached Files
              Last edited by dhula; 03-09-16, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• erad
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2015
                • Cooma NSW

I fitted the airbagman bags to my Pajero. They are bottom entry and I don't like it. The air hose comes out under the suspension arm and would be liable to being wiped off in rough conditons. I pointed this out to the supplier after I fitted them and I hope that they now have a top entry system. I thought about modifying my system, but it would be a hell of a job to do it again, so I just cable tied the air lines to the lower suspension arm, as far out of the way as possible. If they get torn off, I'll change them over then.

Comment

• geopaj
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2007
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by erad View Post
                  I fitted the airbagman bags to my Pajero. They are bottom entry and I don't like it. The air hose comes out under the suspension arm and would be liable to being wiped off in rough conditons. I pointed this out to the supplier after I fitted them and I hope that they now have a top entry system. I thought about modifying my system, but it would be a hell of a job to do it again, so I just cable tied the air lines to the lower suspension arm, as far out of the way as possible. If they get torn off, I'll change them over then.
                  I think you've routed the air lines incorrectly! My air lines run in (through) the lower suspension arm (exits next to the shock absorber) so are completely protected.
                  Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• SteveD
                    • Jul 2015
                    • Charters Towers Qld

Thanks for the pics dhula !!! I have planned a similar route but it is great to see it in the flesh. A picture speaks a thousand words as they say.

Comment

• m_and_m
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2010
                      • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

I have my airbag valves located below the fuel tank filler. Very convenient. Better than on the bumper.

Similar to this on geopaj's car.

2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                      2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                      Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• Ent
                        Valued Member
                        • Apr 2014
                        • Tasmania

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
                        I have my airbag valves located below the fuel tank filler. Very convenient. Better than on the bumper.

Similar to this on geopaj's car.

Innovative placement.
                        2014 PC Challenger, manual, factory tow-bar, factory front diff protector, TJM inter-cooler plate, Bushskinz manual transmission protection plate, ProRack S16 roof racks, front elocker, Drummond Motor Sport front struts, custom 16mm King rear springs with Bilstein Dampeners, Buzz Rack Runner 3 bike platform, Eclipse Nav head unit, GME TX3800BW UHF, 16x8 CSA Raptor rims, 265/75R16 Maxxis MT-762, orToyo AT/2 265/70R16 Triton rims, BFGoodrich 235/85/R16 Triton rims, or Factory tyres and rims.

Comment

• geopaj
                          Valued Member
                          • Jul 2007
                          • Adelaide

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
                          I think you've routed the air lines incorrectly! My air lines run in (through) the lower suspension arm (exits next to the shock absorber) so are completely protected.
                          Here's a couple of pictures to explain how the air line is routed through the lower control arm (now that it's light & I can take some photos).

Showing airline (protected by conduit sleeve) exiting arm next to the shock absorber (& cable tied to the shocker)

Close up of under side of control arm showing airline routed within control arm, rather than goug out trough the bottom

Wider photo showing air line is protected, with nothing below the control arm.
                          Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• Boo Boo
                            • Aug 2012
                            • Kilsyth

Has anyone routed the airbag lines into the rear of the car because I have my compressor mounted in the rear set well.
                            I have not worked out yet which way to get it up there without allowing water and dust to get in where I drill holes.
                            2008 NS DID, Smart bar and warn winch, Boos Bash plates, ex nsw police car, Safair snorkel and 2 inch OME lift.

Comment

• dhula
                              Valued Member
                              • Sep 2012
                              • South of Perth

Drill the holes you need (not sure where but I'm thinking of doing a similar thing so am thinking a bit about it), use a grommet to protect the air hose from chaffing on the body and then lots of gorilla snot to ensure no dust/water can get in

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X