• Show
Clear All
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Introducing the NW GLX-R

Welcome the GLX-R to the Pajero stable

Extra goodies over the MY 13 GLX are.......
    Front fog lamps.
    Side Steps.
    Door sash blackout.
    Outer door handle colour key
    Outer door mirror colour key
    Rear deflector
    Manual rear air conditioning
    And best of all....Rear Diff Lock (standard on GLX also)

No pricing on the GLX-R yet but you can expect it to be very competetive.

NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club
  • Bundyk
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2012
    • North Nowra

That sounds like its exactly what i will be after next. its the rear air con that sells it for me. (well its the rear diff lock that sells it for ME, the Mrs likes the rear air con.)
    Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

• JoshF
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2008
      • Brisbane

I would be much happier if they brought in an "R" ignoring the GLX bit!!
      NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
      Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• placido
        • Dec 2009
        • NSW South Coast

New Models

Having ordered an NW VRX then not being able to have an MY12 VRX available in the colour required then being told that one would be ordered and it would be an MY13, I am extremely interested/concerned re the specs of said VRX, information is very limited! Hence my interest in what the MY 13 spec changes are.
        2012 NW EXCEED - 3.2 DiD, LRA 58L Tank, Redarc DC-DC, ECB Alloy Bar DP CHIP, Safe-T-Tyre sensors

Comment

• Macster
          • Nov 2011
          • Melbourne

Probably been asked before - is it possible to get the factory diff lock fitted retrospectively? Dealer told me no...

Comment

• Lance
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2009
            • Melbourne

All those goodies, but no privacy glass..................
            2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
            2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

• Merts
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2011
              • Bendigo Vic

If it had privacy glass it would be perfect.

Ha.... I hadn't refreshed my browser before making this post.
              Great minds think alike apparently Lance!
              Merts
              Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
              Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• brett
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2007

So what does the GLS get that the R doesn't have. Regarding the privacy glass that I don't have on my current GLS the tinting people tell me it is useless and does nothing to keep,the heat out and it still needs a film on it.
                And love the diff lock on my GLS, best $700 I spent. After a week on moreton island in the sand the diff lock was far better than traction control.
                In practice I find the rear aircon not that great. It's ok but you don't get a lot of airflow out of it. We do use it because its there but with the front on the rear doesn't make a lot of difference. More useful would be a split front like the prado. Not to mention the rear aircon hangs a bit low at the back and can be damaged off road.
                And the diff lock must be ordered, no chance of a dealer fiitment.
                Last edited by brett; 23-10-12, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• Merts
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2011
                  • Bendigo Vic

Originally posted by brett View Post
                  Regarding the privacy glass that I don't have on my current GLS the tinting people tell me it is useless and does nothing to keep,the heat out and it still needs a film on it.
                  I reckon the tinting people are either having a lend of you, or they don't know what they are talking about (or a bit of both). The privacy glass on the Paj blocks 95% UV, and around 65% visible and infrared light. It is made into the glass, so unlike tint can't be easily damaged by things rubbing againsts it.
                  Merts

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
                  Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Comment

• likatiger
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2008
                    • WAMBERAL NSW

Interesting that they have gone with the black grill, I think the blingy/shiny one looks better, but I suppose there has to be subtle points of difference.

If my NW Platinum had the diff lock it would almost be the perfect Pajero.

Funny though with the rear air, my previous two Paj's did not have it and that is when we did a lot of touring with 3 kids in the back, now they have all grown up and moved away, I have rear air with no one to use it.
                    NW Platinum MY 2012 DiD auto, Pearl White, Safari snorkel, full tint, all plastics, reverse sensors, H/D tow bar, spare wheel lift, full leather seats & trim, GME uhf, home built storage, dual battery, ARB Deluxe bar, Lovell HD springs with Ultimate shocks.

Comment

• Dion
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2010
                      • Brisbane

Sounds like they've decided to make the Activ/Platinum editions a permanent model and called it GLX-R.

Agree about the missing privacy glass and the cheap look of the blacked out grille.
                      2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

• Merts
                        Valued Member
                        • Nov 2011
                        • Bendigo Vic

I reckon the black grill would look pretty nice with a black bullbar fitted. That is how my old NH was, and it looked good.
                        Merts

Comment

• brett
                          Valued Member
                          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Merts View Post
                          I reckon the tinting people are either having a lend of you, or they don't know what they are talking about (or a bit of both). The privacy glass on the Paj blocks 95% UV, and around 65% visible and infrared light. It is made into the glass, so unlike tint can't be easily damaged by things rubbing againsts it.
                          Ordinary clear automotive glass filters out most UV anyway, They were saying the privacy glass does nothing to stop heat which requires a metalised type film. But of course they could be protecting business, if all cars come tinted from the factory they are out of work.

Did anyone see what a new GLS comes with or is it NLA, only thing I can see is the GLX R has no chrome on the grille, apart from that sounds like its a GLS with a difflock and rear spoiler.

Comment

• Pickle
                            Administrator
                            • Jun 2007
                            • All over Oz

Whats a GLS
                            Dave
                            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Bigbaddave12
                              • Jul 2012
                              • South East S.A.

Originally posted by Merts View Post
                              I reckon the black grill would look pretty nice with a black bullbar fitted. That is how my old NH was, and it looked good.

Black paint, Black wheels and a red light that goes back and forth under the bonnet. I like Kit!

Love that Car.
                              Last edited by Bigbaddave12; 25-10-12, 08:09 AM.
                              bigbaddave12.
                              NW MY12 Platinum Pajero, ARB Bullbar, Greatwhites 18 Led Light Bar, Sandgrabba Mats, Wetseat Covers, Full EGR Block, Airtec Snorkel, Plus more when the money tree grows it's leaves back!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X