• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pracolas
    • May 2014
    • France

King Springs ref for standard height ?

Hi, I’ll change my suspensions on my 3.2 long NS.
    I already got bilsteins B6 and now I’m thinking about springs.
    I need to keep the standard height (very low parking spots roof over here) but I’d be interested in getting progressive rate spring for the rear (For the trailer).
    When I look at the KS catalogue, I have KCFR34 for front and KCRS35 for rear.
    Are these KCRS35 progressive?
    Is there other options?
    Thanks!
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

The specifications I have on file from Kings indicate the KCRS-35 are progressive rate.
    KCRS-35 King Data
    Free Length 330 mm/340 mm
    Compressed Length mm 156 mm
    Travel 179 mm
    Start spring rate 11.786 kg/mm 660 lbs/inch
    Final spring rate 17.858 kg/mm 1000 lbs/inch

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• pracolas
      • May 2014
      • France

Great! Thank's.

Any difference between these KS and the KYB ones ? KYB are half price...

Comment

• pracolas
        • May 2014
        • France

Just another question!
        With bilstein B6, do we need to put the rubber pad at the front, between the shock and the spring as it seems the spring support is aluminium made...

Comment

• old Jack
          Regular
          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by pracolas View Post
          Great! Thank's.

Any difference between these KS and the KYB ones ? KYB are half price...
          Sorry I do not understand the question? KS King Springs? Do KYB make springs?

OJ.
          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.

Comment

• old Jack
            Regular
            • Jun 2011

Just another question!
            With bilstein B6, do we need to put the rubber pad at the front, between the shock and the spring as it seems the spring support is aluminium made...
            Most aftermarket pre assembled struts and coils do not have a lower rubber pad fitted. Th B6 lower spring seat is made from a very hard and durable alloy and on the B6 struts I have disassembled, the lower seats have been fine. However if you want to reduce road noise transmission through the body fitting rubber pads is a good idea.

OJ.

Comment

• pracolas
              • May 2014
              • France

Thanks for the rubber.
              For the springs , yes KYB provides “OEM” springs.

The front sagged and I just want to get back to original height. So the question is “what will Standard height KS coils give for the money”?

Comment

• old Jack
                Regular
                • Jun 2011

Thanks for the rubber.
                For the springs , yes KYB provides “OEM” springs.

The front sagged and I just want to get back to original height. So the question is “what will Standard height KS coils give for the money”?
                Well I be! I did a search and found KYB coil springs, you learn something new everyday.

King coils that are direct replacement for factory coils are normally a slightly higher spring rate and result in a firmer ride and about 10mm increase in new factory unladen ride height.

OJ.

Comment

• pracolas
                  • May 2014
                  • France

Would you be able to get the rates for the KYB springs? Are the progressive?

Comment

• old Jack
                    Regular
                    • Jun 2011

Would you be able to get the rates for the KYB springs? Are the progressive?
                    I do not have these specifications on file. KYB coils are not sold in Australia so you would need to contact KYB Europe and find out the coil free length and the starting and finishing spring rates.
                    If you can email or PM me these specifications I can do the calculations and compare them against factory spec coils and King coils.

Note also that the Gen 4 Pajero had a standard height suspension and a lowered suspension option in some markets. Does your Owners Manual/Handbook give you ground clearance or overall height data?

OJ.

Comment

• pracolas
                      • May 2014
                      • France

Well KYB are not sold here either...

I will order KS directly in Australia, cheaper than here

What is the real difference between KCFR 34 and KCFR 34T ?

BTW I just realized my two rear springs are BROKEN!!! On the top spires... Is it something frequent?
                      Last edited by pracolas; 30-05-20, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• old Jack
                        Regular
                        • Jun 2011

Well KYB are not sold here either...

I will order KS directly in Australia, cheaper than here

What is the real difference between KCFR 34 and KCFR 34T ?

BTW I just realized my two rear springs are BROKEN!!! On the top spires... Is it something frequent?
                        There is a huge difference between KCFR-34 and the -34T!
                        -34 are linear rate coils.
                        -34T are tapered progressive rate coils, this can provide extra comfort over rough roads but it comes at the expense of handling. I have driven a PC Challenger with King T coils and it was a weird sensation compared to the normal front suspension but it was only evident when the vehicle was pushed hard through tight confers and heavy pre corner braking.

Factory rear coils are undersize, so if you carry too much weight and the suspension is regularly being fully compressed on to the compression bump stops then the coils will get stressed, fatigue and break. Breakage normally occurs within the first 2 winds of either end of the coil.

OJ.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X