• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oscaroo
    • Dec 2017
    • Sydney

Weight of 18" NX wheel

I read that the 17" 7 spoke wheel weighs 14kg and that the steel 17" wheel also weighs 14kgs [ from another post in this forum ] but I don't know how much the 18" million-spoke NX wheel weighs. Does anyone know.

Thank you
    Cheerio.
  • johnandcass
    • Oct 2014
    • Margaret River

No don't know, but before my last trip I weighed a used 18" Hankook rf10 tyre just as a carcass which was around 15kg by itself.
    Makes you wonder when you see people with a spare wheel , awning and 40l of fuel plus assorted other gear on a heavy platform up on the factory roof rails...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 NT RX, diesel auto.

Comment

• oscaroo
      • Dec 2017
      • Sydney

I asked Dunlop on facebook and they say the standard 265/60/18 AT20 weighs about 17kg.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2013
        • Sydney

I think I weighed an 18" wheel with Bridgestone D697 LT in at 34~34.5kg. The Coopers ST Maxx moved that up to 38kg on 17" rims. So 16-17kg for the 18" rim sounds about right.
        NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• Kingmarz
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2016
          • South Island New Zealand

I’m not sure what an 18” wheel weighs but I can say that when I got my 22” Black Rhino wheels I noticed they were very heavy compared to the factory 16’s and they killed a lot of power
          02 NM Pajero 3.2 DID Auto with Snorkel, Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost Controller, Kinugawa 15T Hybrid turbo with 56mm Billet compressor wheel and extended tips, 2” lift, 3” straight through turbo back exhaust, EGR Removal, ECU Piggyback Chip, Raw Nitro shockies, 22” Black Rhino wheels & 33x12.5 mud tyres, EGT, boost and engine temp gauges, catch can, Synergy 4b Ronbox, K&N air filter, 320x300 Front mount intercooler with 3” polished inlet piping, 4 Bar MAP sensor @29psi many other mods

Comment

• DT6061
            • May 2015
            • Tea Gardens

The rim alone is approx 13kg

2015 NX GLS with stuff added

Comment

• Miner
              • Apr 2019
              • Abu Dhabi

The factory 16” (on mine) are Enkei aluminium wheels and they are feather light... I was surprised. I have a set of 18” factory rims with Bridgestone D840’s, if I remember I’ll weigh one.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X