X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caroma
    • May 2012
    • WA - Pilbara

Also received a bonnet protector and rear dust deflector the day before we left so they'll be going on pretty soon.
    2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• ---Scarface---
      • Jul 2014
      • Western Australia

There is only one word to semi adequately describe how I feel when looking at those pictures........ "JEALOUS"

Looked like a great way to spend and few days. Nice pics.

Comment

• caroma
        • May 2012
        • WA - Pilbara

Originally posted by ---Scarface--- View Post
        There is only one word to semi adequately describe how I feel when looking at those pictures........ "JEALOUS"

Looked like a great way to spend and few days. Nice pics.
        Went way too fast! Love going to Coral Bay, but that was first trip down to Waroora Station and I'm very keen to head back for a couple days camp.
        2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• caroma
          • May 2012
          • WA - Pilbara

Some new clothes for the old girl.

Bonnet Protector

Rear Dust Deflector
          Last edited by caroma; 08-10-17, 01:58 AM.
          2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• bennyb29
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2015
            • Brisbane

Originally posted by caroma View Post
            Headed down to Coral Bay for 5 days over Christmas.

Lovely pics! Obviously you guys had a great trip!

Between, have you noticed any improvements after installing the rear deflectors?
            Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

• caroma
              • May 2012
              • WA - Pilbara

Originally posted by bennyb29 View Post
              Lovely pics! Obviously you guys had a great trip!

Between, have you noticed any improvements after installing the rear deflectors?
              Have done nothing but bitumen driving since installing so not sure yet. Am planning on some camping in mid-late Feb so i'll report back then.
              2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• Ian Johnston
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2010
                • Mount Gambier, SA

Interested in the rear deflector as well, my NS doesnt have one.
                2015 Subaru Forester 2.5 petrol CVT. (Missus car)
                Just got an NS DID manual (my car) SOLD.
                2014 Subaru Outback diesel, CVT. Mine

Comment

• P4J3R0
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Brisbane

Rear deflector works sweet. I have one on my NS. It would usually keep all the dust/sand off the back of the car and help blow rain off the window.

Only thing is since the roof rack went on the airflow over the roof has been disturbed and as such the deflector no longer does anything at all. Except look good.

I'm going to try and make up a little tab under the roof rack to try and direct some air into the deflector so it works again.
                  NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• caroma
                    • May 2012
                    • WA - Pilbara

Heading back to Coral Bay next week for Easter, hopefully get a few good pictures taken in between drinking sessions.
                    2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• caroma
                      • May 2012
                      • WA - Pilbara

4 nights spent in Coral Bay over Easter weekend. Relaxed a bit and sunk quite a few tinnies. We went for a drive on the Sunday up to a spot called the Lagoon along the dirt track coastal road. A bit of sand driving involved. Didn't take too many pictures although my mates had their GOPros cranking and i'm yet to get any pics off of them. Have got a video though i need to work out how to put it up if its possible without YouTube?

Camp Set Up. OzTent RV5, Father-in-law's trailer (ordering mine soon) with awning off the side. Rhino Rack LED camp light kit. Snaggas on the Weber Q. Esky full of coldies

The Lagoon

The gang. Hilux, Navara, Pajero, Prado and Landcruiser. Something for everybody.

That's about all the pics i managed to get. Will post more if they come to hand.

I also got to give the Rear Dust Deflector its first workout and i reckon it works as designed. Usually end up with dust piled on top of the rear wiper blade but not this time. I'ma call it a success.

Also, did have trouble getting up a sandy hill, well to be more accurate i failed to get up there at all . I'll clarify this once i work out how to post the video.
                      Last edited by caroma; 08-10-17, 02:04 AM.
                      2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• caroma
                        • May 2012
                        • WA - Pilbara

This might have to do i think. Click the thumbnail to watch the video.

So, Navara got up first go. Hilux took 3. Prado took 4. Landcruiser took 6. Pajero had 6 shots and then i took the easy way

Judging by the increase in attempts for each car we put a lot down to the track being a bit chewed up by the time it was my turn. Cars had no problem reversing out. Where i stop in the video is where everyone was getting caught, about 4 metres from victory

Tyres were down to between 10-15psi , Low range.

Tried a couple goes with the sports transmission in 'manual' mode trying to sit in second gear.

Anyone have suggestions on what i could have done better? And would something like a Rear Locker have given me a better chance?
                        2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• Alex86
                          Valued Member
                          • Jul 2007
                          • Here and there

Nice pics.
                          Love the Ningaloo!

Highly recommend saying on Ningaloo and Warroora stations. Camp on the white sand, wander straight out into the clear blue waters. If your lucky there won't be anyone else for miles. Magic.
                          '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
                          Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• CATs 4x4
                            • Jun 2007
                            • Centurion South Africa

Caroma

Did you try it in high range? Also did you remember to switch of the ASC?

CATS
                            2001 Pajero NM 3.2 DiD GLS LWB Manual
                            (Snoopy)Old Man Emu heavy duty suspension-now on Iron man, 265/75/16 BFG A/T tyres, ARB Sahara bar, Warn winch, KC Daylighter and Hella spots, 3 aux Batteries, ARB aircompressor, Safari Snorkel, Outback Roofrack, on board EGT and Tyre Pressure gauge. Factory rear difflock standard :-) - Sadly sold and missed dearly.
                            2008 Pajero NS 3.2 DiDc GLS LWB Auto(Sylvester)-SOLD
                            2009 Pajero NS 3.2 DiDc GLS LWB Auto(Casper)

Comment

• Paj man
                              Valued Member
                              • Mar 2010
                              • Perth

I love that place - so much to see when you go snorkelling at the front of the reef. Was up that way last year with the brothers.

It's a shame you can't fish there anymore.
                              1997 NK - Quad cam goodness turning 33 Duratrac's and 4.9 diffs, 2inch lift, steel front/sides/rear, front locker and a winch

Now pending: Nothing

Comment

• caroma
                                • May 2012
                                • WA - Pilbara

Originally posted by Alex86 View Post
                                Nice pics.
                                Love the Ningaloo!

Highly recommend saying on Ningaloo and Warroora stations. Camp on the white sand, wander straight out into the clear blue waters. If your lucky there won't be anyone else for miles. Magic.
                                Day tripped to Warroora at xmas time. My first time there and yes it is beautiful! Definitely want to camp there one day. Need to convince mates though.
                                Originally posted by CATs 4x4 View Post
                                Caroma

Did you try it in high range? Also did you remember to switch off the ASC?

CATS
                                My first attempt was in High Range and as i didn't make it i thought i better change to Low range. LR automatically turns off the ASC. Perhaps i should've tried HR/ASC off/manual shift mode? Next time
                                Originally posted by Paj man View Post
                                I love that place - so much to see when you go snorkelling at the front of the reef. Was up that way last year with the brothers.

It's a shame you can't fish there anymore.
                                There are spots you can fish just not inside the reef. A mate went out on a charter and caught a couple nice ones so there's always that option.
                                2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X