• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peterng
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2013
    • Northern Rivers NSW

Luci 2.0 Outdoor Inflatable Lantern

I'm just back from an overnight camp where the midges and me were on a first name basis.
    We forgot the NT Perfume..

I being a 4wd camper, I just love the gadgets...I have been chasing a decent Lantern for a while...and I have found one.
    It's not conventional.
    It's different...very different.

It's called the Luci 2.0 Inflatable Lantern.

What I like with this particular LED light, is that it incapsulates the "Camping Ethos.."

1/. It's very light weight. 10 out of 10...
    2/. Very compact to carry and pack up...10 out of 10
    3/. Very Very cheap to run....10 out of 10
    4/. Nearly Unbreakable...9 out of 10
    5/. Excellent performance...10 out of 10
    6/. Very easy to clean...8 out of 10...
    6/. Very Reliable...10 out of 10

But most importantly...very reasonably priced for its real time performance!!!

You have to inflate the Lantern by blowing it up, just like that pool toy you did for the kids!
    Yep, you have read right...
    ...You have to blow it up..

It is solar charged, so there is no batteries to buy.
    This lantern is so compact, you can place it on your car dashboard as you drive along and it will get charged.
    It takes about 3 to 4 hours to full recharge from dead flat...
    On the maximum power setting, I got about 4 hours of decent light, on the lower setting ad about another 1 to 2 hours.
    It has a built in indicator, so you can see how much the inbuilt batteries have in reserve.
    The light has 3 power settings, low, high and alternate (Flashing).
    The performance of this lantern light is very extraordinary and quite impressive considering its simplistic design.
    Yes, it has a few foibles, but these in the lantern's over design are not too much.
    1/. The Lantern can be a bit finicky to inflate initially, but once you get the idea working, there will be little hassles.
    2/. The plastic can get dirty at times, but a quick wipe over with a moist rag...all clean again.

This lantern has some serious LED light output.

Here at Wild Earth, we have a wide range of MPOWERD micro-solar energy products for the lighting you needed for a camping experience. Shop with us today!
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Bought.

Not so much because I need it, but because I like what the company is trying to achieve.

And it's a camping gadget that lights up...

Thanks for posting.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Ian H
      Valued Member
      • May 2015
      • Melbourne

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
      Bought.
      Me too. I just like gadgets.
      2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Peterng
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2013
        • Northern Rivers NSW

A postscript about the Luci 2.0 Outdoor Solar light.

I have used this light now for nearly 12 months for various camping outings, but the latest camping outing these Luci Outdoor lights really came into their own.
        We travelled out of Gove down to Goolwa and took about 2 weeks camping..
        The Luci, is a blowup solar light that really throws out some serious lumens for its design...it is very light in weight..maybe a 100gms, so we hang them from lower tree branches, off the side of the roof rack, generally anywhere close to the camp site and the camp is lit up quite well.
        It's not like Las Vegas, but the Luci gets the job done and I can save my second battery Ahr's for the 12v fridge.
        When the air is pushed out of them, they become very compressed, so we place them on the dash, jam them into the windscreen and the sun does the rest....all charged ready for the next camp site!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Peterng; 16-07-18, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• denmonkey
          • Oct 2017
          • Newcastle NSW

thats a good idea for charging them and always having it ready to go.

Comment

• Peterng
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2013
            • Northern Rivers NSW

This is a camp site in Elliot NT about 8 pm...we have 3 of these Luci lights going and they do the job quite admirabliy.
            Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X