Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Other Makes including Toyota Nissan etc

Other Makes including Toyota Nissan etc Discussion on pro's and con's of other makes and models.

Old 15-04-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevsChallenger View Post
Jeep's build quality is poor by its competitor standards...
By what standards? 17 recalls in the last 2 years. This is compared to 16 - Mitsubishi, 11 - Holden, 21 - Toyota, 18 - Ford, 13 - Mazda & 11 - Nissan. So pretty well in line with all the major manufacturers. Jeep got a bad reputation thanks to that "destroy my Jeep" bloke a few years ago, when the reality is they are no worse than any other manufacturer. In my experience, the people who bag Jeeps the most have never owned one. Sure, people have had reliability issues with their Jeep but so has every other manufacturer. DPF's on Toyota, transmissions on Ford, failing towbars on Nissans, they all have their issues.

Granted, their service reputation was poor but most owners will now admit that there has been a vast improvement in the support FCA offer both owners and their dealer network. My Jeep is a fantastic car and can go anywhere my Pajero does.
Old 15-04-19
Valued Member

118,000 hits.

https://www.google.com.au/search?sou...31.w9CWReSJISQ
Old 15-04-19

https://www.google.com/search?client...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

1,090,000 hits. What's your point?
Old 15-04-19
Valued Member

The point is like you I have an opinion.

I have posted a link as you have and i don't continue with it by turning it into a bum fight.
Old 16-04-19
Valued Member

Good thing we live in a free country where we can buy a Jeep if we want or else choose to not buy it. Reliability aside, it still looks good in my entirely subjective opinion. Others will not like it. Some Aussie Jeep fans will buy it and perhaps some new converts and thatís all that matters. I donít think Jeep Australia expects it to be a high volume vehicle and you probably wonít see many out in the bush. Doesnít mean itís a failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17-04-19

From my Limited experience with my Jeep, it's been good. The dealer experience has been ok but replacement prices are obscene.
Passenger headlight ~$500 USD in the US, price from dealer in AU $3700.
Not priced anything else apart from map updates, every dealer has different price but around $300 for the first update in 4 years and forum comments say it's out of date and not worth it.
Only two gripes so far.

Crash486