• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • donovanchew
    • May 2017
    • Western Australia

Bushskinz bash plates

What combination of bash plates do you reckon out of the intercooler / Sump / Auto DiD Transmission / Transfer Case plates will be necessary
    MY16 NX GLS, MM Alloy bar, Digitech DC-1122 UHF, Bilstein/Lovell 2" HD front SD rear, rhino rack basket, EDS
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by donovanchew View Post
    What combination of bash plates do you reckon out of the intercooler / Sump / Auto DiD Transmission / Transfer Case plates will be necessary
    Probably depends on what you want to do. Rocks, beach, wombat holes.A full set of four are fairly heavy and can be a right pain when it comes time for service.

We always have the intercooler on and put the sump guard on for track work.

With all four on there is very little air flow. Don't know if that's bad but worth a thought.

Comment

• womble
      • Apr 2012
      • Adelaide

I don't have the bushskinz but have boos bash plates. I have all four on all of the time. Nothing has been mentioned when car has been in for servicing. Boos bash plates are a lot cheaper as well
      2016 NX GLX Pajero, ARB Bar, Safari Snorkel, Lightforce DL230HTX, D697's, EGR Plug and Play and The Ultimate Suspension 2" lift

Comment

• 06PAJ
        • May 2017
        • Brissy

I'll be getting all when funds permit
        Hit a roo that went under the last car, 8k in damage
        2006 NS V6 EXCEED - SOLD
        2014 NW 3.2L VRX
        Wetseat Covers, Kings 9" LED driving lights

Comment

• donovanchew
          • May 2017
          • Western Australia

Thanks everyone, will probably end up with boos considering the prices.
          MY16 NX GLS, MM Alloy bar, Digitech DC-1122 UHF, Bilstein/Lovell 2" HD front SD rear, rhino rack basket, EDS

Comment

• Dicko1
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2014
            • Cairns, FNQ

Thanks everyone, will probably end up with boos considering the prices.
            Bushskinz are 4mm compared to 3mm and are zinc painted. Bushskinz have also been a great supporter of this forum with his special deals. The product quality and his support of the forum saw me purchase his product.
            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Ian H
              Valued Member
              • May 2015
              • Melbourne

I leave mine on all the time too. A full set of Boos which saved me big time when I hit some loose rocks on my last outback trip. Never been an issue for servicing.
              2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• donovanchew
                • May 2017
                • Western Australia

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                Bushskinz are 4mm compared to 3mm and are zinc painted. Bushskinz have also been a great supporter of this forum with his special deals. The product quality and his support of the forum saw me purchase his product.
                How often does he do special offers? And how would I find out

Comment

• Dicko1
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Cairns, FNQ

How often does he do special offers? And how would I find out
                  Every couple of months or so. I,ve bought at the right time. Failing that send him an e-mail and ask when he will be doing a pajero forum deal again..
                  Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Widgeeman
                    • Jul 2012
                    • Widgee Qld

I went for a full set of Bush Skinz and they stay on all the time. A bit heavy/awkward to remove for service, but it's not necessary for normal oil change. The first time I got someone to do a service, they said they had to remove the 2 rear guards, said it took a while and charged me accordingly. The next service I did myself on a friends hoist. Put a 2 litre ice cream container under the filter and all OK. I then replaced the filter with one that has it's own drain plug, so next time it will be even easier. I switched mechanics after that.
                    I do most of my long distance driving in outback and northern Australia, and had no dramas with heat. Not towing though.

Cheers
                    Graham
                    - - - - - -
                    2010 NT GL Auto DiD- OL Bull Bar, Avenger (Kingone) 9500lb winch, Tow Bar, Rhino rack bars with old rack on top when needed. GME UHF radio, Dual battery system (home made tray, Enerdrive isolator, dual voltmeter), s/steel water tank in 3rd seat storage area, rear storage (home made), Narva lights, 50mm suspension lift (Kings springs, OzTec shocks), Masten TPMS, Bushskinz underbody protection and sliders, 3" exhaust, EGR block, Scangauge, Toyo A/T II tyres, Airtec snorkel

Comment

• donovanchew
                      • May 2017
                      • Western Australia

Cheers guys, on a side note, does anyone know if the intercooler bush skinz plate will fit a genuine Mitsubishi alloy protection bar?
                      Last edited by donovanchew; 31-07-17, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• Hazpet
                        • May 2014
                        • Mandurah

I've got a steel genuine Mitsubishi bar and a bushskinz intercooler cover with no problems. The bar has nothing to do with the intercooler cover.
                        2014 NW VR-X, Ironbark. Dual battery, Off Road Downunder tray, Redarc BCDC1225LV, 92ah AGM, Projector dual battery moniter, Rhino racks & rod holders, ARB awning, MMA steel bar, MMA towbar package, Half rear wheel cover & lift kit, Xray vision 10led bar, Uniden UH 8080NB CB, Tint a car tint, Rear shelf, 40l Engel & slide, Blackvue in car video, Baintech power panel, Scan guage, ARB compressor, Rodezi rod holders, Sports grill, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guard & various other bits & pieces.

Comment

• Ian H
                          Valued Member
                          • May 2015
                          • Melbourne

I've got the MM alloy bar and there's no issue with the bash plate fitting.
                          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• DINKY
                            • May 2016
                            • Traralgon Vic.

Bushskinz the Go

Bought the full set from Kieron at Bushskinz with the forum discount deal. Arrived a few days later. I went the Bushskinz as they are ultra strong. Down side a bit heavy. They stay on all the time, no extra charge for 15k service. They have saved the GLS Paj many times in the high country and I wouldn't fit anything else. You get what you pay for. I suppose horses for courses also, for ultimate protection in my experience Bushskinz have been superb.

Comment

• donovanchew
                              • May 2017
                              • Western Australia

Originally posted by DINKY View Post
                              Bought the full set from Kieron at Bushskinz with the forum discount deal. Arrived a few days later. I went the Bushskinz as they are ultra strong. Down side a bit heavy. They stay on all the time, no extra charge for 15k service. They have saved the GLS Paj many times in the high country and I wouldn't fit anything else. You get what you pay for. I suppose horses for courses also, for ultimate protection in my experience Bushskinz have been superb.
                              Which deal is this?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X