• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Paj
    • Oct 2008
    • Bundaberg Qld

glx , gls or exceed

Hi ive been looking for a new forby soon and just checking out the car sites. I can get petrol exceeds for about 17000 and gls for 12000 to 15000 with good ks. But I would prefer a diesel but the only diesels in my price range are glx now I know about the features of each badge level but are the glx bad I know misses out on a few things like abs and passanger airbags

So I guess what I am asking is whats people views on the glx compaired to the other 2
    1984 nb swb, 2.6lt, 2 - 2.5 inch lift, (lwb rear springs). Custom rust holes lol. some spot lights, alloy bullbar
  • BrisVegas
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2009
    • Townsville, QLD

I actually like the look of the GLX better than the GLS/Exceed to be honest. The lack of side mouldings makes em look tidier and more purposeful.

An NP GLX 3.2 with the traction control would be the ducks nuts if you could find one in budget.
    'Shrek' 2002 NM GLS 2.8TD manual. ARB bar. HD King springs & Bilsteins. Bridgestone D674LT. Milford Cargo Barrier. Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards. Exedy solid flywheel. 25mm core radiator. 2.5" exhaust. Airtec snorkel. Engel MT45, Projecta 150A isolator, 120A AGM battery in 3rd row. ARB bar, Fyrlyts & 30" LED lightbar Pics + 2015 Isuzu MU-X with all the fruit.

Comment

• pauld
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2010
      • Melbourne

Are you looking NM or NP or either?

My NP GLX has standard:
      ABS, Traction Control, ASC, 2 airbags, Cruise control, power windows, 6 stack CD
      2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• Blue Paj
        • Oct 2008
        • Bundaberg Qld

Lol im looking at whatever I can find lol there is a 02 glx for 17000 and theres a 03 one for 20000 the np would be better but has bout 180000ks the NM has 130000ks
        1984 nb swb, 2.6lt, 2 - 2.5 inch lift, (lwb rear springs). Custom rust holes lol. some spot lights, alloy bullbar

Comment

• paulandkathy
          • Dec 2009
          • Traralgon, Vic

Ours is an NM GLS. I only bought the GLS because that's what this vehicle happened to be.

I was looking for a DiD, manual with less than 100,000 km on the clock, and I didn't want traction control / ABS / stability control / electric seats / climate control (just personal opinion, I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, I just didn't want it..).

I found this Pajero for 28 grand, it ticked all the boxes for me, it has driver and passenger airbags, cruise (which I rarely use) and it had also been optioned with the electronic compass / temp display in the dash which I have found useful. other than that it is a basic Pajero.

It really comes down to your budget and personal preference for the level of luxury and gadgetry you need or desire. You will probably find you'll get a lower luxury level vehicle in better condition (maybe even a diesel) for the same money as a high km Exceed. Personal priorities...

I can say that the GLS has fantastic seats, we can sit in them for hours on end. I don't know if they are any better than the GLX, ours are fairly basic, no electrics, but they are comfy.
          03 NM DiD manual. 2" Bilstein / Ridepro lift. 265/75-16 MTZ tyres, poly-air bags, ARB bar, X9 Superwinch, Roo lites, Airtech snorkel, UHF, mobile phone aerial, under body bash plates, diff / gearbox breathers, dual batteries, all rear seats removed and a home made storage unit fitted.

Comment

• Blue Paj
            • Oct 2008
            • Bundaberg Qld

Yeah sounds exactly what I want a low k td but under 20 grand but will go to 25 for the right car

Comment

• dmr292
              • Jan 2012
              • Toowoomba

Try this one

2000 NM Pajero GLS, ECB Bullbar, Sidesteps, Spotties, Goodyear Wranglers, Pro Rack Racks, Ebay Snorkel, K & N Air Filter, ebay awning, ebay bash plates, extractors with 2 & 1/2 system, uhf (to be fitted)

Comment

• symo
                • Jan 2012
                • Brisvegas

You have to really look into the specifics of each model for sale.

My mid 2005 Diesel NP GLX has ABS, traction & stability control, dual front airbags, power windows, cruise control, alloys. No 6 stacker but the cb went into that slot.

The only real difference between the GLX and GLS around that time was the plastic body mouldings and integrated side steps.

Comment

• josh88
                  • Mar 2011
                  • Sydney

If I could turn back time I would go for either the GLX or GLS

My Exceed has the second a/c unit behind the off side rear wheel. This makes me worried whenever I hit a harder track. What makes it worse is that you can't put a steel rear bar because the a/c will be hanging lower than the bar (no problem here for the GLX and GLS).

Plus it's got electric seats with all the motors and electrical components under them, not to mention the GPS unit that's mounted on the floor under the front passenger seat. You just don't want any water to ever get into your car.

Get the GLX OR GLS and save some money for the mods IMHO
                  MY05 Exceed Di-D with diff Locks to add

Comment

• Bundyk
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2012
                    • North Nowra

I Like my GLS. The electronic logbook makes it a little easier to keep a track on servicings. Mine has dual airbags and a factory 6 stacker being an MY2002. I have never needed ABS in the time I have had it, nor do I miss it. Mine also has the LSD as it has no traction control. (pretty standard across the range)

I would sugest that if you can find an early NP GLS have a good look at it at least. Not sure when traction control came in, but not something that i would be specifically looking for (just a personal preferance)
                    Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

• Blue Paj
                      • Oct 2008
                      • Bundaberg Qld

I am leaning more towards a gls to get the dual airbags and the split rear seat which the NM glx didnt have and the traction stuff doesnt worry me proberly more stuff to go wrong

Comment

• dmr292
                        • Jan 2012
                        • Toowoomba

Try this

2000 NM Pajero GLS, ECB Bullbar, Sidesteps, Spotties, Goodyear Wranglers, Pro Rack Racks, Ebay Snorkel, K & N Air Filter, ebay awning, ebay bash plates, extractors with 2 & 1/2 system, uhf (to be fitted)

Comment

• nervis
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2009
                          • Central West NSW

I love my 03 NP GLX for the simplicity, no ABS, LSD, drivers airbag only, I have added leather power seats and a few other goodies, blacked out the window frames etc. Split fold rear seat, and has 3rd row seats as well. You can add a GLX flare kit as well.

Mick: MY15 NX GLX Manual DID, SprintBooster, EGR blank, Redarc remote EBC on factory loom, GME UHF, TJM Snorkel.

Comment

• wilyum
                            • Jul 2008
                            • Canberra

Originally posted by symo View Post
                            You have to really look into the specifics of each model for sale.

My mid 2005 Diesel NP GLX has ABS, traction & stability control, dual front airbags, power windows, cruise control, alloys. No 6 stacker but the cb went into that slot.

The only real difference between the GLX and GLS around that time was the plastic body mouldings and integrated side steps.
                            G`day,
                            My 06/2004 NP DiD has all of the above plus the 6 stacker but that was a dealer fitted accessory.
                            Cheers,
                            Wilyum.

Comment

• Blue Paj
                              • Oct 2008
                              • Bundaberg Qld

Originally posted by nervis View Post
                              I love my 03 NP GLX for the simplicity, no ABS, LSD, drivers airbag only, I have added leather power seats and a few other goodies, blacked out the window frames etc. Split fold rear seat, and has 3rd row seats as well. You can add a GLX flare kit as well.

http://140.99.20.180/forum/showthread.php?t=5417
                              Nice looking paj I actualluy looked at it in my rig build section and like your idea of putting in the new seats ect to make it nice

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X