Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Other Makes including Toyota Nissan etc

Other Makes including Toyota Nissan etc Discussion on pro's and con's of other makes and models.

Old 13-11-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsman View Post
Why? Have people still not heard of VW's dealership/company practices? There are about 20 other models on the market, many better and you never have to deal with VW
And those other models are 100% reliable too and don't have issues eh?

Latest toyota hilux (Fortuner, Prado aswell) - dust ingress issues through airbox/inlet that Toyota won't admit to, among other issues.

Ford Ranger - Gearboxes exploding everywhere especially when used for towing and engines melting pistons.

Nissan Navara......

Shall we start a list or keep the blinkers on?
Old 14-11-18
Valued Member

Volkswagen currently holds a majority share in Audi, Scania, MAN, Porsche, owns Skoda Auto, Lamborghini, Bentley, SEAT and Ducati.

BMW owns Mini, and Rolls-Royce.

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles owns Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep,Nissan, Mitsubishi Maserati, and Ram.

Every manufacturer has problems. It depends how they handle the problems that count.

VW were involved in one of the greatest scandals in motor vehicle history if not the greatest. That's enough for me to give them a big miss.
Old 14-11-18
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
VW were involved in one of the greatest scandals in motor vehicle history if not the greatest. That's enough for me to give them a big miss.
I watched my Mk6 Golf GTD drop in value approximately 20% due to that debacle, VW pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud the US, at least one VW employee has been sentenced to jail, but VW Australia denies that anything is wrong.

Why anybody would trust this company is beyond my understanding.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 20-11-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
I watched my Mk6 Golf GTD drop in value approximately 20% due to that debacle, VW pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud the US, at least one VW employee has been sentenced to jail, but VW Australia denies that anything is wrong.

Why anybody would trust this company is beyond my understanding.
Yep and Mitsubishi is all that much better eh?

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/car...le-cost-killer
Old 20-11-18
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderpig View Post
Yep and Mitsubishi is all that much better eh?

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/car...le-cost-killer
Did you provide the right link?

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....