Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Adventure Kings Throttle Control Unit Review?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Poita
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2010
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Doowrag View Post
    Sorry can't comment on the performance of such unit but i can comment on the performance of the Supplier you mention. In my experience their Adventure Kings gear is cheap for a reason. I have bought a couple things from them and they certainly are not the quality of some of the more reputable dearer Brands. Personally I wouldn't buy anything electronic from them and i certainly wouldn't plug it into my $30k vehicle...
    NW VRX MY2013
    Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• Amok
      • Dec 2016
      • Sydney

Originally posted by Doowrag View Post
      Sorry can't comment on the performance of such unit but i can comment on the performance of the Supplier you mention. In my experience their Adventure Kings gear is cheap for a reason. I have bought a couple things from them and they certainly are not the quality of some of the more reputable dearer Brands. Personally I wouldn't buy anything electronic from them and i certainly wouldn't plug it into my $30k vehicle...
      Agree. I have their spotlights and the bolts are very poor quality, ended up stripping two bolt heads AND two of the threads inside the lights. Havent wired them up yet cos the harness' high beam connectors don't fit.

They're ok for some things but don't expect it to last.
      MY17 NX GLX with too much cash blown on it

Comment

• Vix2010
        • Jan 2015
        • Wamboin NSW

Yeah, i got the kings awning and its not to bad. For the price i paid im not worrying about it getting knocked off when going through scrub.
        NT GLS DiD auto, ARB Bar,22" Cree Light Bar, Oricom UHF, Hankook Dynapro MT 265/70r17, CSA Granite Rims, Dobinsons 2" Lift, Safari Snorkle,Custom 3" exhaust, Thule roof racks,Kings awning,roof cage

Love The Paj 👍👍
        (Everything happens for a reason)

Comment

• Trak
          • Mar 2017
          • Melbourne

Information / advice

advice
          Adventure Kings Throttle Control Unit - does anyone have one on a current Ford Ranger 2000 16 / 17 model and how good is it looking at buying one.
          Thank you 😊

Comment

• Vix2010
            • Jan 2015
            • Wamboin NSW

Trak,

Was thinking of getting one for the Paj but have changed my mind. Could spend $130 on something better. Might be better looking a chip
            NT GLS DiD auto, ARB Bar,22" Cree Light Bar, Oricom UHF, Hankook Dynapro MT 265/70r17, CSA Granite Rims, Dobinsons 2" Lift, Safari Snorkle,Custom 3" exhaust, Thule roof racks,Kings awning,roof cage

Love The Paj 👍👍
            (Everything happens for a reason)

Comment

• SpanishForWhat?
              • Mar 2016
              • Perth

Originally posted by starjunk View Post
              I think it's to do with pulse width. There have been a couple of other discussion threads on this topic here but I'll be buggered if I can find them... The interceptor unit fools the ECU into thinking that the pedal has been depressed more than it really has by changing the pulse width of the signal. At least that's my understanding. I was not sufficiently convinced by the other discussions to go out and buy one just yet, so I'm very interested in further insights too. I'd love to have throttle response at least equal to my old gen2.
              Consensus seemed to be that these units do improve the throttle response but I'm one of those annoying engineering types who wants to fully understand how something works before doing the mod, so I can decide if the trade offs (if there are any) are worth it.
              As for the particular unit you're asking about Vix2010, I can't comment.
              You're on the right track, but the accelerator doesn't use pulse width, just an analogue voltage output.
              All these devices do (if they even work) is change the curve of the relationship between pedal position and output voltage.

So when you're being light on the accelerator, the ECU is being told otherwise.

Change your right-foot behaviour, much cheaper.
              '11 NT GL

Service Manual for Gen 4 Pajero

Comment

• Amok
                • Dec 2016
                • Sydney

Originally posted by SpanishForWhat? View Post
                You're on the right track, but the accelerator doesn't use pulse width, just an analogue voltage output.
                All these devices do (if they even work) is change the curve of the relationship between pedal position and output voltage.

So when you're being light on the accelerator, the ECU is being told otherwise.

Change your right-foot behaviour, much cheaper.
                Is your name a Simpsons reference?
                MY17 NX GLX with too much cash blown on it

Comment

• SpanishForWhat?
                  • Mar 2016
                  • Perth

Originally posted by Amok View Post
                  Is your name a Simpsons reference?
                  No - which Simpsons episode did it make you think of? I can't remember them all that well.

It was more a reference to the commonly peddled claim that "Pajero" is Spanish for one who frequently participates in self-gratification.
                  '11 NT GL

Service Manual for Gen 4 Pajero

Comment

• Johno_pb
                    • Aug 2015
                    • Gladstone

So no one has one of these units on a pb or pic challenger then ?
                    2010 PB Challenger manual,ultimate lift kit HD front comfort rear, 5899 bump mod, Hankook MT RT03 265/75/16 on black 16x7 triton steel rims, dobinson bullbar, tmax 9000lb winch, ipf spotties, cargo barrier, offroad downunder dual battery tray ns70 start 105ah aux, redarc vsd, Bushskinz 4mm bash plates x2, ironman 65lt dual zone fridge

Comment

• Pablopicasso
                      • Oct 2014
                      • Rockhampton, Qld, Australia

Hi, the TCU from Adventure Kings was going for $82.50 delivered a few weeks ago. Has anyone bought one to try. I didn't. Maybe I should have being so cheap.
                      Pajero 04/2011 NT Platinum. Airtec Snorkel. ARB Sahara Bar. Rear diff lock. Pedders 25mm lift with rear Air Bags. SPVi EGR mod. IDrive.
                      K&N air filter. Spare Wheel Lift mod. Rhino roof racks.

Comment

• BorgPS17
                        • Mar 2017
                        • melbourne

Originally posted by Amok View Post
                        Agree. I have their spotlights and the bolts are very poor quality, ended up stripping two bolt heads AND two of the threads inside the lights. Havent wired them up yet cos the harness' high beam connectors don't fit.

They're ok for some things but don't expect it to last.
                        I have to disagree with you here, I installed my driving lights and had no problems with the bolts, except dropping them and then trying to find out where they went.

trying out the lights a couple of nights ago, they do what they are supposed to do...heheeh
                        and i am happy, as to how long they last, who knows.

As with all things, you get what you paid for, as with things like lights. why pay top dollar when you don't have too.

Rdgs.
                        Pajero Sport QE 20016
                        Smart Bar
                        Boos Bash Plates
                        7 inch LED Driving Lights
                        Domin8R X 12,000 Winch with Rope

Comment

• NTBenny
                          • May 2017
                          • Newcastle

Originally posted by Pablopicasso View Post
                          Hi, the TCU from Adventure Kings was going for $82.50 delivered a few weeks ago. Has anyone bought one to try. I didn't. Maybe I should have being so cheap.
                          I did and happy with the purchase. Makes adjusting throttle response very easy.

Benny.
                          2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X