X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johno_pb
    • Aug 2015
    • Gladstone

You are not starting off both batteries the vsr only joins the too batteries when the start battery is high enough I think 13.2volts (from memory) and that's only while the car is running and the alternator is charging and a short time after ( let's say 5 mins) then the start battery will settle about 12.8volts I think is a fully charged battery. Once the start battery goes under the 13.2 volts or whatever the vsr is set to like when starting the car the batteries disconnect from each other

You also know which battery is your start battery as it will be the one with the factory wiring harness attached and the aux battery will only have item you wat to be able to run seperate to the ability to start the car like fridge, camp lights, camping fan or anything else you want to run without worrying about having enough charge left to start the car and always remember short protection on everything (fuses)
    2010 PB Challenger manual,ultimate lift kit HD front comfort rear, 5899 bump mod, Hankook MT RT03 265/75/16 on black 16x7 triton steel rims, dobinson bullbar, tmax 9000lb winch, ipf spotties, cargo barrier, offroad downunder dual battery tray ns70 start 105ah aux, redarc vsd, Bushskinz 4mm bash plates x2, ironman 65lt dual zone fridge

Comment

• PeePee
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2012
      • Brisbane

Originally posted by Motorace View Post
      Did a very similar install with the same tray.
      How did you get the positive terminal on the starting battery to move around so far, mine won't go that far and creates a large gap between the batteries?

I tried to add a photo but photo bucket is useless these days.
      Last edited by PeePee; 24-02-17, 04:44 PM.
      MY12 LS Challenger (cool silver) - 7 seater with ARB Deluxe Bar, IPF Driving Lights, Safari Snorkel, Stainless Bashplate, Ultimate Suspension Lift, Redarc electric brakes, ERPS, Dual Battery (Redarc DC/DC), Icom UHF, Rhino sports bars / platform, ARB Awning and Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's.

Comment

• coughy
        Valued Member
        • May 2014
        • Redlands Brisbane QLD

Originally posted by PeePee View Post
        How did you get the positive terminal on the starting battery to move around so far, mine won't go that far and creates a large gap between the batteries?

??? they factory there??? well mine is
        My10 PB XLS ,Opposite lock 3 hoop black bullbar ,HID XRAY200MM Spotlights ,Uniden UHF radio,EGR off,Rear cargo barrier,Turbo Replacment and only 45K,265/70 trail climbers, 26 psi boost and 3" full turbo back custom install exhaust ,hid 35 watt driving low beam,Custom day LED running lights,dual battery kit and wiring ,105amp hour battery , 50 AMP anderson plug front and back ,raised 2" Electric Brake controller.
        New Custom Ultimate diesel tuning REMAP,custom rail limiter.

Comment

• Motorace
          • Oct 2012
          • Brisbane

From memory I removed some of the cabling clips and sheath. Then redid them later.
          Is was still tight to get it on.
          2012 PB Challenger- Auto; Full BushSkinz, Pioneer platform roof-rack, ScanGauge 2, Milspec rust proofing, custom seat mod +50mm legroom. Duel battery. Fridge box. Ome suspension.

Comment

• itsamitsi
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2015
            • Hervey Bay Queensland

How did you get the positive terminal on the starting battery to move around so far?
            Undo the clips down low and move them down the convoluted conduit and refit... Hey presto cable up higher and it stays there
            Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• Johno_pb
              • Aug 2015
              • Gladstone

Itsamitsi wins the prize it's just moving the slack from the engine side of the. Lip to the battery side it is also worth noting I only know this works with the down under tray as it's stepped and the cables go under the tray the other flat trays on the market show the cables between the batteries which I didn't want two smaller batteries I will try to find instructions somewhere
              2010 PB Challenger manual,ultimate lift kit HD front comfort rear, 5899 bump mod, Hankook MT RT03 265/75/16 on black 16x7 triton steel rims, dobinson bullbar, tmax 9000lb winch, ipf spotties, cargo barrier, offroad downunder dual battery tray ns70 start 105ah aux, redarc vsd, Bushskinz 4mm bash plates x2, ironman 65lt dual zone fridge

Comment

• BanjoPato
                • Jun 2015
                • north Coast

Originally posted by Johno_pb View Post
                You are not starting off both batteries the vsr only joins the too batteries when the start battery is high enough I think 13.2volts (from memory) and that's only while the car is running and the alternator is charging and a short time after ( let's say 5 mins) then the start battery will settle about 12.8volts I think is a fully charged battery. Once the start battery goes under the 13.2 volts or whatever the vsr is set to like when starting the car the batteries disconnect from each other

You also know which battery is your start battery as it will be the one with the factory wiring harness attached and the aux battery will only have item you wat to be able to run seperate to the ability to start the car like fridge, camp lights, camping fan or anything else you want to run without worrying about having enough charge left to start the car and always remember short protection on everything (fuses)
                Ok will take your word however if the start battery is fully charged aren't they joined and therefore you must in theory be using both for n instant.
                Cheers

Don

Comment

• Johno_pb
                  • Aug 2015
                  • Gladstone

If you have a redarc vsr it has a red light to tell you there joined and when the vehicle is turned off for a while the battery voltage settles down to its holding voltage and the light will be off basically the vsr senses when the charging voltage from the alternator raises the battery voltage to above (13.2v?) if the car is off and the vsr is still joining the batteries any current draw will cause enough voltage drop to turn the vsr off instantly so the second battery won't help start at all unless it has a jump start feature which forces it to stay connected I don't have that but would be good

Comment

• BanjoPato
                    • Jun 2015
                    • north Coast

Finally got around to having the install done. Would like to post some pics but ?????
                    I have them in an album but how do I get them on this post ?
                    Cheers

Don

Comment

• RUGGA
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2014
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by BanjoPato View Post
                      I have them in an album but how do I get them on this post ?
                      here https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ead.php?t=8441

Or you can use the Tapatalk app and do it directly from your ph.
                      02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• BanjoPato
                        • Jun 2015
                        • north Coast

Ok will try with this app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Cheers

Don

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...