• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cbielecki369
    • Feb 2020
    • Narrikup WA

Towing in 4th autobox squealing noise

Hi guys. First time on this brilliant forum. Just wanting to find out if anyones had a similar problem with their NT 3.2 auto pajero. Just towed our 5.5m boat from Narrikup to Carnarvon which is about 1200km with a few overnight stops in between. As we got into Carnarvon i noticed a weird squealing noise coming from the gearbox area. To confirm it must be the the autobox because once i changed from 4th to 5th the noise disappeared and then when back to 4th for towing it comes back. Any help would be apprectiated. Thanks
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Another test to confirm is to note at what rpm the squeal is happening and then drive in manual mode and see if the squeal happens at the same rpm in 2nd and 3rd gears.

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Cbielecki369
      • Feb 2020
      • Narrikup WA

Ok will try tomorrow morning. Was going to get the fluid changed tomorrow morning in carnarvon but im not sure if the mechanic here knows what hes doing. Didnt know where the refill screw was. I was in cruise control , 4th gear manual mode for towing and the noise came from nowhere?

Comment

• gaz1
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • Blue Mountains NSW

Don't be too hard on the mechanic - the NT Diesel 3.2 was the first to have the new Aisin auto fitted in place of the older Jatco.
        The Aisin doesn't have the normal drain/refill process, supposedly it's "sealed for life" - but there are ways to change and replace the fluid.
        Have a search on the forum and you'll find the answers.
        2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

• Keithyv
          Valued Member
          • May 2018
          • Perth

Originally posted by gaz1 View Post
          Don't be too hard on the mechanic - the NT Diesel 3.2 was the first to have the new Aisin auto fitted in place of the older Jatco.
          The Aisin doesn't have the normal drain/refill process, supposedly it's "sealed for life" - but there are ways to change and replace the fluid.
          Have a search on the forum and you'll find the answers.
          No it’s not ‘sealed for life’ Why do people say this?
          2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
          MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X