• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DT6061
    • May 2015
    • Tea Gardens

Shower Tent Tray

We are heading to the Big Red Bash at Birdsville. The event/camping is held on an organic cattle station and NO grey water is allowed on the ground.
    So I am looking for a light, compact and affordable solution to capture grey water in a pop up shower tent. Would probably need to capture only say 5 litres per shower - to limit water use and make it easy to empty captured into a bucket to be carried to the approved grey water dump point.
    Any ideas to help keep the ladies happy and men not so smelly over a 4 day stay??
    2015 NX GLS with stuff added
  • Herman4x4
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2009
    • Melton, Victoria

Could you get a small inflatable kiddie pool or something like that which can then be emptied into a bucket?
    Baby wipes are good for a quick freshen up too.
    We have used then web away for a few days and they did well.
    Dry shampoo for the hair for those that have it and want to wash it.
    Cheers,
    Andrew.

Sent from my CPH1611 using Tapatalk
    Cheers,
    Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
    Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• old Jack
      Regular
      • Jun 2011
      • Adelaide, South Australia.

Not sure of pricing but something like this?
      Capture drips and leaks in this medium, rugged polyethylene drip and spill tray. Drip tray capacity 52L, Australian made and owned.

or this,

OJ.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• DT6061
        • May 2015
        • Tea Gardens

found these online recently

May look at making up something similar. Just need to dig a hole to hold and 5 litre container to drain into.
        2015 NX GLS with stuff added

Comment

• Ian H
          Valued Member
          • May 2015
          • Melbourne

Just wash down with a flannel and don't use a spray head. Stand in one of those floppy plastic buckets which are about knee high or a bit less, which you can get from Bunnings for a few bucks, problem solved. Where and how you empty it there is another issue.
          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Garc
            • May 2015
            • Perth

More expensive but a great option is the Evershower. On Facebook
            Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

• Dicko1
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2014
              • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
              Just wash down with a flannel and don't use a spray head. Stand in one of those floppy plastic buckets which are about knee high or a bit less, which you can get from Bunnings for a few bucks, problem solved. Where and how you empty it there is another issue.

I dont understand the mentallity of people that have to use heaps of water for a shower when camping. Women and kids are the worst. When in areas where water is at a premium or not allowed to be tipped why not just use a 2 litre bottle of water with a hole in the cap and wash sparingly. Stand in a round plastic tub. I dont use the baby wipes as they are a huge pollution issue. Simple flannel, proper soap with a little water and your clean. Get the family to be water wise and they may start doing it at home. You need bugger all to wash ya privates, armpits and face (not in that order..haha). Its only normally short term and the first full shower afterwards feels so luxurious.
              Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Kingbrown
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2012
                • Port Augusta - SA

Too right Dicko.
                2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• outbackogre
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2010
                  • Melbourne

After a week on Fraser Island last year I decided it was time for a shower. While camping at the northern tip, I boiled a full kettle of water (about 1.5 lit) then went into the surf for a quick dip. Now completely wet, I washed hair first then the rest of me and rinsed with the warm water straight from the kettle.
                  My friends call me Rob; you can call me .... Rob.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------
                  MY12 NW GL DiD auto. 2" MD Lovells/Bilstein lift. Bushskinz underbody protection. Home made rear platform with sliding boxes above and lots of space underneath.

Comment

• Scrambler
                    • Jul 2018
                    • Toowoomba, Qld

Originally posted by Garc View Post
                    More expensive but a great option is the Evershower. On Facebook

You could build something like it for less. Having looked one over, they are the bees knees but the idea is simple: 12v shower pump in a bucket. Stand in bucket, have shower.

The problem with many answers given is they don't address the problem, which is the soap and shampoo ending up in the soil. So low water options don't work if everything goes on the ground.

Solutions used by hikers: 1) don't wash or 2) use baby wipes and bin them.
                    =-( Sadly bought back: 99 NL Shortie. In a-peeling blue
                    =-) Happily replaced by: 98 NL LWB Diesel

Comment

• Ian H
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2015
                      • Melbourne

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                      I dont understand the mentallity of people that have to use heaps of water for a shower when camping. Women and kids are the worst. When in areas where water is at a premium or not allowed to be tipped why not just use a 2 litre bottle of water with a hole in the cap and wash sparingly. Stand in a round plastic tub. I dont use the baby wipes as they are a huge pollution issue. Simple flannel, proper soap with a little water and your clean. Get the family to be water wise and they may start doing it at home. You need bugger all to wash ya privates, armpits and face (not in that order..haha). Its only normally short term and the first full shower afterwards feels so luxurious.
                      Exactly why we use the bucket to stand in, dip the flannel in and wash down. No overspray on the canvas of the Tvan that way either.
                      2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Dicko1
                        Valued Member
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                        Exactly why we use the bucket to stand in, dip the flannel in and wash down. No overspray on the canvas of the Tvan that way either.

Exactly. You use way less water and still get clean.
                        Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• Turorit
                          • Oct 2016
                          • Adelaide

Originally posted by Scrambler View Post
                          The problem with many answers given is they don't address the problem, which is the soap and shampoo ending up in the soil. So low water options don't work if everything goes on the ground.

I've seen those 'eco soaps' around but they are such a tiny bottle for a ridiculous price. I'd like to see a cheaper/home made 'eco' alternative.

Nevermind the bloke jumping in the riiver with a bottle of Lynx bodywash....
                          2013 NW GLX. 285,000km | ARB Deluxe Bar, Boo's bashplates, 4x4 Tough Winch, underbonnet dual battery & db140i isolator, D697 265/70r17, Rhino tracks & vortex bars, DIY rear drawers, Waeco CF40, 60L water bladder, 2.5m awning, Vlad TC mod, Provent 200, TJM Airtec, Uniden UH8060.
                          --SOLD--1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. 348,000km 2" Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II

Comment

• Ian H
                            Valued Member
                            • May 2015
                            • Melbourne

Originally posted by Scrambler View Post

Standing in a large bucket and using a flannel rather than a spray head solves the problem as has been posted earlier.

Comment

• Dicko1
                              Valued Member
                              • Dec 2014
                              • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Turorit View Post
                              I've seen those 'eco soaps' around but they are such a tiny bottle for a ridiculous price. I'd like to see a cheaper/home made 'eco' alternative.

Nevermind the bloke jumping in the riiver with a bottle of Lynx bodywash....

Here you go mate...I,m sure this would be good to use..
                              Attached Files
                              Dicko. FNQ

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X