Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Let us have know your vehicle in your signature.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jayctee
    • Mar 2015
    • Brisbane

Let us have know your vehicle in your signature.

How about a everyone includes - as a minimum - their present, and/or past vehicle in the signature ? Additional info is optional.

Set it up under 'User CP' - 'Edit Signature'

There are many posts in (for example) "General Information" that do not nominate the vehicle of the postee/poster.

I read lots of posts in the forum, but to find out the vehicle of the postee I need to then click on the member's name and the 'View public profile'.

Some more radical members do not have a vehicle nominated in the 'View Public Profile'.

I like to know if it is especially relevant to my PC Challenger, or just general useful info that may/may not be used.

It is OK if you drive a 1954 Morris Minor - but still like to post info.

It is much easier to have the postees vehicle nominated at the end of the post - it is automatic !!

All those in favour vote HERE !!
    Last edited by Jayctee; 13-11-19, 09:45 PM. Reason: correction
    SOLD: MY14 PC LS Auto Challenger, Airtec snorkel, GME TX3100 UHF, RV360 TPMS, Hema HN7, Provent 200 CC, Torque-Pro, Thunder Weekender battery box, Redarc BCDC 1225D charger.
    SOLD 1997 NK GLX 3.5 Auto
  • NFT5
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Canberra

A nice idea.

Only problem is that the Search function in this forum's software leaves something to be desired, meaning that Google search is actually better. However, Google sees the signature line as part of the post and returns every instance of the keyword(s) for every post made by anyone who has that keyword in their sig line.

For example, if I wanted to look for "Dick Cepek" tyres to see how they go, limiting the search to this site I get 1010 hits, but those results are tainted by 111 instances of the keywords in your posts, most of which have nothing to do with tyres. Plus, of course, all those hits for anyone else who has "Dick Cepek" in their signature. If I had those words in my sig line then over half the Google search results would be irrelevant.

Signature lines also take up screen space, meaning I can get less relevant information displayed. Yes, minor thing but all goes to ease of use of the site. Bad enough that this forum interprets a "CR" as a double "CR" making my posts take up more space than they need to.

From this perspective I'd prefer sig lines to be empty. If I really want to know about a member's accessories I can look in their profile.

About the only thing worse is people who allow their phone to append hardware or software details to every post.

Imagine if every post I made carried:
    "Sent from my AMD FX8350 desktop with 8GB RAM running Debian 10.1 with 500GB SSD and 3 x 1TB WD HDDs......etc., etc., etc."

Who gives a rat's?
    Last edited by NFT5; 14-11-19, 05:54 AM.
    Chris

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

I get pissed off with people putting up posts and not adding their current vehicle to the signature. Takes up no space and immediately lets you know if you can assist or not. Often a question gets asked about "my pajero" and its a very general question that really should relate to a specific model. A simple " 2014 NW Pajero" isnt asking much!!
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• spot01
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
        I get pissed off with people putting up posts and not adding their current vehicle to the signature. Takes up no space and immediately lets you know if you can assist or not. Often a question gets asked about "my pajero" and its a very general question that really should relate to a specific model. A simple " 2014 NW Pajero" isnt asking much!!
        X2 - it is sometimes difficult to help answer a question if the specific vehicle info isn't included.
        Also, comments and info posted often mean more when the vehicle type is shown.
        Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• pb4x2
          • May 2015
          • Deception Bay Qld 4508

X3 it should be a minimum requirement in my opinion.
          2012 PB Challenger 4x2 auto

30mm Whiteline Front Sway Bar / SPV Delete / Catch can / Auto-mate / Lowered Front 35mm Rear 50mm / Side Steps Lowered 20mm / Rear Spoiler / Sony Double DIN xav-ax1000 / Rear Camera / All the Chrome bits

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X