• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WAPaj
    • Feb 2008
    • Perth

NM Outside Temp sensor??

Hi everyone, I have an external temperature sensor which is behavin erratically on my 2002 NM Pajero exceed. Performing a reset fixes the problem for a couple of days then the display eventually show no outside temperature. Whilst this only a minor issue its a bit of a pain particularly when the display doesn't automatically change when climate control is adjusted. Has anyone else had this fault and can offer and sugestions in regards to repairing this fault I would greatly appreciate it. More importantly does anyone know where they have mounted the external temp sensor on the vehicle? Look forward to any responses and thanks in advance.. Tony
    2002 NM Pajero Auto Exceed Petrol/LPG
  • Pathy
    • Aug 2007
    • Wondai QLD

I was going to ask where the outside sensor is, on an NP?
    Marc
    1st month 2004 GLS Pajero 3.2 diesel, auto, ecb bullbar, compact ralley 4000's, towbar,Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Pirelli ATR's,Homemade Bash Plates, Homemade Diff breathers.

Comment

• gaz1
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Blue Mountains NSW

the sensor is inside the front grille, from memory - it's a little black gizmo behind a metal panel that runs vertically about the middle of the grille.

Gaz
      2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

• mrbitchi
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • Brisbane

According to the manual, its on the bottom of the Radiator Support Panel, near the bottom of the right hand headlamp.
        Cheers, John.
        LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
        Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• gaz1
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007
          • Blue Mountains NSW

maybe they vary between models....the manual I have (attached page) shows it is near the horns that mount near the grille centre, and that's where it is on my '02 NM.

I have removed the attachment for copyright reasons.
          Last edited by gaz1; 26-11-09, 04:20 PM. Reason: remove attachment
          2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

• lepus
            • May 2008

by the horns, also on my European 2001 model.

Comment

• WAPaj
              • Feb 2008
              • Perth

Thanks guys, Now armed with this information I'll start looking for it. Can't thank you all enough, should make my life a whole lot easier
              Tony
              2002 NM Pajero Auto Exceed Petrol/LPG

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X