• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

3 week tour

Just spent 3 weeks venturing up to the Pilbara and back. Thought I would have my first crack at some astro.

I have to say, we have some pretty mean sky's up here:

pic 1: Peak Hill
    pic 2: carnarvon
    pic 3: Kalgan Pool

More to follow
    Attached Files
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys
  • cruisn06
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2011
    • Perth WA

I didnt even see ya on my 10 day tour... musta jsut missed you HAHA.

Great Photos. The sky is amazing up there, my good camera is sadly locked away till borders open.
    07 Mitsubishi Pajero Shorty - Currently rolling around... Parked in Armenia for the moment

Insta: https://www.instagram.com/wrongturnadventure/

Comment

• sharkcaver
      • May 2009
      • Perth

I was lucky, I didn't see a lot of people really. Would have been nice to catch you at running waters though. I was there on the 22nd. In an almost snap moment, my picture from there is almost identical to yours:
      Attached Files
      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• cruisn06
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2011
        • Perth WA

Did you go off the rope swing???
        07 Mitsubishi Pajero Shorty - Currently rolling around... Parked in Armenia for the moment

Comment

• Pwoffey
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2013
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
          I was lucky, I didn't see a lot of people really. Would have been nice to catch you at running waters though. I was there on the 22nd. In an almost snap moment, my picture from there is almost identical to yours:
          Just wondering about the track into Running Waters. I've seen reports saying it's not suitable for towing. Did you have your Ulti on this trip? If not, would you have towed it in? What's the space like for camping? I'm planning for another Pilbara trip next year, if WA lets us foreigners in
          BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• sharkcaver
            • May 2009
            • Perth

Originally posted by cruisn06 View Post
            Did you go off the rope swing???
            nah, but oddly, I went in twice. It was pretty bloody warm not to.

I used the water to do 2 weeks of clothes washing too (not in the pool of course)
            Last edited by sharkcaver; 28-09-20, 05:00 PM.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
              • May 2009
              • Perth

Originally posted by Pwoffey View Post
              Just wondering about the track into Running Waters. I've seen reports saying it's not suitable for towing. Did you have your Ulti on this trip? If not, would you have towed it in? What's the space like for camping? I'm planning for another Pilbara trip next year, if WA lets us foreigners in
              The track in would be fine up to the point a few hundred meters to the pool itself. There is a largish campground there, but some distance from the water. From there, there is some rock hopping to do, which in itself wouldn't be overly challenging, the issue would be the camp sites. The first spot you could turn a trailer around in easy enough I guess, but the other 2 spots downstream would be a bit challenging (just a bit tight). Personally I would park at that point a few hundred meters from the pool and walk in to check 1. the first spot isn't occupied and 2. you have enough room to turn a trailer around. I was swagging it. No need for a camper when it was just myself.

My Journeys

Comment

• Pwoffey
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2013
                • Adelaide

Thanks for that!
                BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• sharkcaver
                  • May 2009
                  • Perth

3 guys headed off for the Midwest of WA and further a field.

First port of call being Jingemia cave:

I added some (autographed) books at latham to the book exchange:

Where we settled for the night in the Kararra rangelands. More explorations throughout the rangelands and we found camp late in the day at a waterhole I found on a map. Breakaway rockhole or turtle pool as I later found it to be called.

Not far in the following morning, the first damage for the trip appeared. Easy solve with cable ties

Last edited by sharkcaver; 28-09-20, 08:31 PM.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
                    • May 2009
                    • Perth

The first of many ruins were visited. It's a bit sad in a way all the lost stories from these places:

and we slowly made our way to Melangata station for a couple of nights stay:

And for my 2nd attempt at some astro, I present:

The following day exploring Dalgaranga station, with the failed dam and all:

Last edited by sharkcaver; 28-09-20, 08:34 PM.

My Journeys

Comment

• cruisn06
                      Valued Member
                      • Jan 2011
                      • Perth WA

Blocked photos my good man.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                        • May 2009
                        • Perth

Originally posted by cruisn06 View Post
                        Blocked photos my good man.
                        They shouldn't be. Anyone else??

My Journeys

Comment

• wazza5
                          • Jan 2015
                          • WA

Photo's

Not all showing.

Where has the thump been prior to the photo being taken at the Karara Rangeland waterhole.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                            • May 2009
                            • Perth

Originally posted by wazza5 View Post
                            Not all showing.

Where has the thump been prior to the photo being taken at the Karara Rangeland waterhole.
                            sorry, I dont understand the question??

My Journeys

Comment

• wazza5
                              • Jan 2015
                              • WA

Thump looks like it may have used for an internal inspection, zoom in on it.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X