• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • someDirt
    • Oct 2014
    • Australia

G'day new NT owner

G'day all,
    I Have been reading this forum since around September. Most Google searches for anything pajero land on this forum. Great info and inspiring trip reports without the egos. In October we bought a my11 platinum NT with 46000 kms.
    In the past have owned a hi-lux in which I did some tricky but fun 4wding some heart in mouth descents. Fast forward I now have a couple of kids and are a one car family so 99.9% onroad even most of our weekend camping trips (did 3 in first 3months) are only dirt the last few km's and would make it in a car. However we do want to do more trips where the 4wd will get us further out of the way, some big trips(gulf NT), and some beach trips. Wanted a 7 seater looked at challenger (rare as hens teeth), Prado and Pajero etc. Anyway as you know all have some strengths, shortcomings and annoyances in the end the Pajero suited our needs best. Even if the prado was the same price as pajero we still would have bought a Pajero. Still wear my Toyota belt buckle.
    (I know some will say could have got awd suv but I want to have low range for those rare occasions need it).

The boys had only experienced our little car and are loving the extra height for the view. On one drive where you could see the country side on both sides a little voice from the back seat exclaimed" you can see the whole world from here. "

Hope you all had a Great Christmas.
    Last edited by someDirt; 30-12-14, 10:07 PM.
  • Silver Streak
    Valued Member
    • May 2010
    • Adelaide. South Aust.

Welcome someDirt to the forum. Even though you obviously have read plenty from us before hand. It's actually just your "first post"!! With many more to come.
    I'm sure you and your family will love your NT, as I do mine!! As you and your kids say, my Pajero (and yours) is the best car I have had for all round visibility. And strangely enough, the easiest to back into a parallel park. Especially with the rear park assist and rear camera. Enjoy!!!
    Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
    Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• David Anderson
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2007
      • Albury

Hello and welcome.
      Your heart rate on descents might increase with the slightly higher gearing of your Pajero - but on-road part of the trip will be better than the Hilux..
      09 NT GL manual.

www.twigwater.com - My fly fishing blog.

http://www.dsaphoto.com

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X