• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rapid_Axe
    • Sep 2012
    • Brisbane

Some advice

(NB. this might be long winded)

As some of you may know I've been having surging issues with the Paj.

In the last week however the surge has disappeared completely. We are happy to drive round town without any thought of the car clapping out on us. However on the highway you cruise for a while (say two/three minutes) and go to accelerate and nothing... no power no anything. Pull over and let the car idle for a minute and it's OK to go again.

My brother in law came down over the weekend and we thought we would clean the intake manifold and give the car a once over to make sure the vitals were OK. Pull off the intake hose and start pulling the manifold apart and it's clean. Ok, so that's mystery one we can dismiss. Check all fluids and all is OK (oil, auto fluid, coolant, brake fluid, etc etc etc). We took it on the highway (from Springwood to Yatala) and it didn't surge or lose power.

Ok, so we gave the engine a clean and it was all good to go. So we decided that the day after we would visit him on the Sunny Coast.

Got as far as the Old Cleveland Road exit on the Gateway and the power loss issue returns, 4 times in the space between Old Cleveland Road and the Murarrie exit.

It is due for the 120,000km service which I have booked in with a mechanic this Friday.

Now, what I want to know is if this mechanic does the service can I tehn ring Mitsubishi and say to them I've just had the car serviced and I want the software updated, will they just fob me off, or will they actually do the upgrade?
    2007 Mitsubishi Pajero NS GLX - turbo diesel
  • scarecrow73
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2008
    • Sheidow Park SA

I've had just a software upgrade before from a dealer. I think from memory cost me about $50 but had some updates (apparently).
    SOLD!!! 2007 NS GLX DiD - Alloy Bar, BFG ATR's, OL Police Spec battery tray, MM Cargo Barrier, Projecta Dual Battery Isolator, Airtech snorkel, Electronic Brake Controller, Ultragauge EM, Stebel Air Horn, overhead console with Uniden UHF, GoPro Hero 2

2011 Sar Major Off Road Camper Trailer
    2011 VW Golf 118 TSI (DSG grrrrrr )

Comment

• Rapid_Axe
      • Sep 2012
      • Brisbane

Cheers for that, the Paj hasn't had a software upgrade since the recall issue years back.
      2007 Mitsubishi Pajero NS GLX - turbo diesel

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X