• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lotstolearn
    • May 2018
    • brisbane

Bleeding Brakes

Hi
    I am new to this and have looked on google and the university of UTBUBE.

Have a couple of questions.

A What is size clear tube goes over the nipples for the fluid to flow out.

B Rear bleed with ignition on.

C Start with rear passenger wheel, then rear drives side then front passenger side then the passenger side

Thanks
  • Axis
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2011
    • Highett Vic

Just did mine last weekend - followed advice on here and did fronts first with ignition off and then rears with ignition on. I think the nipples need a 5 or 6mm tube but can't remember sizing as I used bits and pieces lying around.

See these threads:

07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

• Aspey
      • Dec 2015
      • Great Southern Land

Brake service

I have been quoted $65 for a brake bleed, that sounds fine. I've asked for a full flush and refill of the brake fluid.
      Is the car servicing place likely to know the procedure for bleeding the NP Pajero brakes or should I ask more questions before booking it in? I don't want to pick the car up with fault codes or problems because they didn't know about the special Pajero brake bleeding procedure. Does it need a specific brake fluid which I should ask for?
      Thanks
      NP VRX DID

Comment

• MiteeWidge
        • Mar 2014
        • Townsville

Challenger brake blled

Originally posted by Axis View Post
        Just did mine last weekend - followed advice on here and did fronts first with ignition off and then rears with ignition on. I think the nipples need a 5 or 6mm tube but can't remember sizing as I used bits and pieces lying around.

See these threads:

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=40078
        Rear caliper bleed nipples require 8mm spannner. Front caliper nipples require 10mm spanner. However bleed hose required is the opposite again. Rear nipples require slightly larger diameter hose. Possibly 6mm for rears and 5mm for fronts.
        2011 Challenger 30th Anniversary Manual , OEM nudge bar , GME 3100 UHF , seat spacers , OEM tow bar , Rydge Ryder Awning , Dueler 265/65/17's , Munji egr , Ultragauge , ABR Sidewinder Flyer dual battery box , TJM Gold 4000 suspension , Plazmaman Intercooler hoses , Stedi ST4K 28'' light bar , 2 Stedi 7'' Type X , Pedders 5899 cones , Provent 200 catch can .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X