• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robbav
    • May 2008
    • Perth W.A.

HELP : Need crown wheel torque settings

Bolting the diff back together after fitting the lokka however can't find the torque settings for the front crown wheel.

Also carrier bolts?
    SWB '91 NH V6 3ltr front lokka, rear factory locker, BFG 33s, LWB springs out back, and torsioned up front. Manual hubs and next up: snorkel. Shiny custom or safari... hmmm.
  • mrbitchi
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Brisbane

Crown wheel 80 - 90 Nm

Carrier bolts not listed...
    Cheers, John.
    LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
    Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• Matatak
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2008
      • Perth

Thanks Mrbitchi thats pretty much what we guessed and then found the torque specs for the rear diff crownwheel bolts which is basically the same.
      05 NP DiD Auto. 265/75R16, OME Suspension, ARB Dlx B/Bar, Warn Zeon 10-S, IPF HID's, Rear Drawer Setup, Pioneer Platform Rack, ARB 78l Fridge, GME TX3520SW UHF.

Comment

• 03gallagherj
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2009
        • South Coast NSW Batemans Bay

Happy with the lokka??? how'd long did the install take and was it hard?
        Currently:
        1995 2.8 TD NJ Paj Running 33x11.5x15 Maxis Bighorns, Lokka, GQ Coils, torsions wound up, Tough Dogs All around, Steel Racks With Cage, Awning, Steel winch bar, 9,500lbs Winch, Safari Snorkel, 2x130w IPF's (1 spread, 1 spot), 150L Long range fuel tank, ASIN Hubs and Sliders
        Coming:
        Storage Drawers, 33" BFG KM2's

Comment

• Matatak
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2008
          • Perth

Yeah im happy with mine. been in for ages.
          But atm Robbav is putting one in his shorty (its not even in yet but his sig says so already lol).

Installs still ongoing as we werent working to hard at it saturday with plenty of things to sidetrack us. Only really done a couple of hours work on it.

Not hard if you know what youre doing.
          05 NP DiD Auto. 265/75R16, OME Suspension, ARB Dlx B/Bar, Warn Zeon 10-S, IPF HID's, Rear Drawer Setup, Pioneer Platform Rack, ARB 78l Fridge, GME TX3520SW UHF.

Comment

• 03gallagherj
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2009

Yew good stuff, i am definately getting myself one as soon as money comes my way hmmmm tax return???? . Yeah should be fine at slapping it together replaced my rear diff few weeks back and replaced two diffs on a hilux on the weekend so shouldnt be too hard i'm guessing lol. i have seen how they peform with the videos of you on youtube Matt
            Currently:
            1995 2.8 TD NJ Paj Running 33x11.5x15 Maxis Bighorns, Lokka, GQ Coils, torsions wound up, Tough Dogs All around, Steel Racks With Cage, Awning, Steel winch bar, 9,500lbs Winch, Safari Snorkel, 2x130w IPF's (1 spread, 1 spot), 150L Long range fuel tank, ASIN Hubs and Sliders
            Coming:

Comment

• robbav
              • May 2008
              • Perth W.A.

hey! its half in.

trying to find some hose for the diff breather.
              looking at the original idea of just a stopper that works on suction, how is the diff not full of water?

anyone got some good ideas for hose? i guess it would need to be heat resistant as its going to the top of the engine bay.
              SWB '91 NH V6 3ltr front lokka, rear factory locker, BFG 33s, LWB springs out back, and torsioned up front. Manual hubs and next up: snorkel. Shiny custom or safari... hmmm.

Comment

• 03gallagherj
                Valued Member
                • Nov 2009

i just went up to my local spare parts and hoses store and asked for some diff breather pipe, for 5 meters which is how much you need for the LWB to go from the diff up the LHS of the chassis rail to the RHS of the engine bay near the pwr steer pump.

its the same pipe type for an oil or fuel line. just take your old breather pipe up and get them to give you 5 meters of the same Inside Diameter as it and a brass diff breather plug, cost me $25 for it anyway
                Currently:
                Coming:

Comment

• Matatak
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • Perth

Originally posted by robbav View Post
                  hey! its half in.

trying to find some hose for the diff breather.
                  looking at the original idea of just a stopper that works on suction, how is the diff not full of water?

anyone got some good ideas for hose? i guess it would need to be heat resistant as its going to the top of the engine bay.
                  just get some fuel hose (the non EFI stuff is cheaper) probably want 6mm stuff to go onto the fitting on top of the diff cover.
                  Thats if there is a fitting there or not.

Then you just put a plastic fuel filter on the end of it to stop dust and helps prevent water getting back down it if you by chance get any up there at all.

You dont want to put a one way valve in there either. Bad idea.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X