• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky
    • Jul 2007
    • Gladstone, qld

EGT Gauge. What are people using?

After fitting the 3 inch exhaust the next thing I want is an EGT gauge. I am leaning towards this one
    Digital exhaust temperature gauge with sensor. Easy to install with various fittings and available in 12V and 24V versions.

and fitting it down in the card holder thingy behind the flip up panel. I was thinking I might be able to turn the card holder thingy upside down to allow easier viewing of the gauge.
    What's everyone else using for EGT's? This is in preparation for my ECU reflash. I use Torque Pro for monitoring everything else.
    Cheers, Mike.
    The story so far.....03 NP with fruit -Sold.
    My15 NX. ARB Steel Bar. LED spots. Dobinson MRR lift. Outback Exhaust Fat Pipe. Intervolt DC Pro Dual Battery setup. Provent. SPi module. MM4X4 Lockup Mate, Paddle Mate & Paddle Shift. Mako 12,000 winch with Dyneema.

I'm the boss of my marriage.....my wife said i could say that!
  • jkwpajero
    • Jun 2008
    • Young, NSW

I had one similar, however I suspect that the Simtex one is rebranded, fitted to my old 80 Series. I purchased mine from the supplier https://www.auberins.com/index.php?m...=index&cPath=5. The enclosure (mounting case) can be purchased separately this way if required.

James
    2014 NW VR-X, with a few modifications and an Automate fitted Driving Pajero number three.

Comment

• DPJ
      • May 2019
      • Sydney

Hey new here - just curious where does the thermal couple go does it screw into a plug on the nx somewhere on the turbo or is it the exhaust - not too keen on welding

Comment

• Stinky
        • Jul 2007
        • Gladstone, qld

Originally posted by DPJ View Post
        Hey new here - just curious where does the thermal couple go does it screw into a plug on the nx somewhere on the turbo or is it the exhaust - not too keen on welding
        I just fitted a 3 inch exhaust which has a fitting in the dump pipe for an EGT probe. No such fitting in the stock exhaust.
        The story so far.....03 NP with fruit -Sold.
        My15 NX. ARB Steel Bar. LED spots. Dobinson MRR lift. Outback Exhaust Fat Pipe. Intervolt DC Pro Dual Battery setup. Provent. SPi module. MM4X4 Lockup Mate, Paddle Mate & Paddle Shift. Mako 12,000 winch with Dyneema.

I'm the boss of my marriage.....my wife said i could say that!

Comment

• jkwpajero
          • Jun 2008
          • Young, NSW

The best location for the thermocouple is in the exhaust manifold before the turbo, and this is where I had it in my Landcruiser. Easier said than done on the Pajero maybe. The difference in EGT readings could be in the vicinity of 150C to 200C. Fitted in the exhaust post turbo will give a much lower reading, so this needs to be taken into account when working out the EGT number that is your upper limit.

James
          2014 NW VR-X, with a few modifications and an Automate fitted Driving Pajero number three.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X