Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Default O2 Sensor Causing Emissions Failure?

I am in the middle east and just had my annual inspection on my 2008 Pajero.

It failed on emissions and I did an ODB scan and got error P0131 Bank 1 Sensor 1 low voltage.

Couple of questions :

Could this failure lead to the emissions failure?

and

Where is the sensor located. I have seen several diagrams but cant seem to tie it down on my car. I can only seem to find 1 on the underneath exhaust. (pic attached)

Any help would be much appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sensor.jpg (49.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Engine bay.jpg (149.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Underneath.jpg (92.1 KB, 17 views)
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytrellis View Post
Could this failure lead to the emissions failure?
Yes, it could. But without knowing precisely how your emissions are wrong, we're guessing. A little more information will help, such as what motor do you have? A 6G75 should have two O2 sensors, but it looks like Mitsubishi did sell a 6G72 into some markets, and that engine has only one O2 sensor.

You pic looks like an O2 sensor, although it appears to be only two wires. Your O2 sensor should have 4 wires - two for heating, two for signal.

Low voltage from the O2 sensor output could be interpreted by the ECU as a lean mixture, leading to over-fuelling.

Long story short, it's probably worth replacing it, and see what happens.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Thanks.

We don't get given much info but the report simply stated : High C0.

I don't know the variant but can only see the one sensor so will replace it and see.

Just as an additional.... Do you happen to know the part number of the sensor?
Old 3 Weeks Ago

So the Local dealer wants 1200 Qatar Riyal, which is around 470 AUD for the new sensor.... also, they will not provide me with the part number. Apparently policy not to provide it until I have paid for it... nice and helpful...

The engine is 6G72 and model is V93WLRHVLW.

Have done a bit of digging and think that the OEM part number is MN153264.

I found a Walker Products 250-24239 which claims to be equivalent to the MN153264. It states that it is a 4 wire sensor but I can only see 2 wires coming from mine on the car. Will check again later.

Is anyone able to confirm if this info is correct and if the Walker one is a direct replacement?
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Plenty here.

https://www.google.com.au/search?sou....0.KQJxRSTVzRA
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Resident

If your vehicle is supposed to have a 4 wire O2 sensor (aka IHEGO) then a two wire may make it more difficult to pass emissions - particularly while the sensor is cold.

All narrow-band O2 sensors have the same response, so any 4 wire will work. The issue is the connector. Because these things sit in the exhaust and get very hot they typically use "different" high temperature conductors that can be very difficult to solder - so cutting off whatever plug comes with your new sensor and joining to your existing plug can be difficult.

Try to get a good look at the plug that comes with the sensor you want to buy, and see if it looks like the plug on your Pajero.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Thanks for the help.

Have double checked tonight and it is definitely a 4 wire sensor so have ordered one from the US.

Will probably take a little while to get here but will update once it arrives and is fitted.

$45 USD including shipping.... much better that the Mit dealer price....